Rattling under car

I know what you mean, but it appears you may spend a lot more money throwing parts at the problem than it may cost to get it diagnosed and fixed once correctly.

Very interestingā€¦ found these two sites on the web pertaining to the exact year and make of my car. Sounds like there ā€œshould beā€ a class action suite! Check these out:

http://www.hondaproblems.com/Civic/transmission-failure.shtml

There is no question that Honda has more than its share of transmission problems, particularly in the 2000-02 period. However, I donā€™t think that this pertains to your current problem.

VDCdriver,

I donā€™t know know enough about cars to say if the two things are related or not. But after finding this article, along with others who have had the same problem with that same year and make of Honda, Iā€™m furious. Tomorrow I plan to call Hondaā€™s customer service and at demand they refund me for the $1900 I put into rebuilding the transmission. Iā€™m also going to request some kind of guarantee that the carā€™s transmission will now cause an accident. My wife, who is pregnant, drives this car to and from work.

As for the vibration problem, from what Iā€™ve read on: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/2001/suspension/index.shtml it sounds as though that is a problem Honda has no fix for. I want a guarantee that will, also, not cause an accident. I used to love Honda. They have really, really let me down.

What are your thoughts?

I contacted Honda Corporate, they were no help at all. Since I bought the car used, the warranty has run out.

Does anyone know anything about a ā€œFour Transmission Stutter?ā€ One mechanic I took the car to made mention of this term regarding the vibration noise coming from under the front of my car. PLZ Help.

If this car has an automatic transmission, it could be the bolts to the flexplate were not torqued tight enough when the transmission was put back in.This can produce a knocking noise and if they are almost tight enough it would only occur under load.

My car is a 2017 Honda Civic
I think I understand the sound you described. Its like a bunch of solid parts shaking beneath your very feet while going slow and the rattling gets worse when going through potholes. And when the steering is about to be turned to a max point (i.e it is about to reach the point where it cant turn anymore in any given direction), I feel a small vibration. The vibration wasnā€™t always there though. It started about 4 months after the rattling.

I checked undereath the car for problems. It wasnt the exhaust shield or CV joint ( although damage was done here as a result of the primary issue). The main problem was that my rack end was knocked out. The car was still functional but the rack ends were shaking like crazy. I should also mention that I noticed that many important rubbers were extremely worn down. To identify the part im speaking of, look for a ball and socket setup behind the wheel of whichever wheel is shaking. Also if you are going to do any replacements. Replace the parts for both sides to avoid any future problems.
Its highly likely that this may be your problem (if there is still a problem). Canā€™t say for sure. Just thought iā€™d leave this here for someone with a similiar issue. Hope this helps!

That could get you into a LOT of trouble!
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I know!! Im actually getting the entire thing fixed tomorrow. I had no idea it was this bad

Another thread resurrection.

You are giving advice to someone who has been gone for 7 years and your vehicle is still under warranty so use it.

Yes, but if this gives other forum members an important reminder about the condition of the rubbers that they use, then it is all worthwhile.
:wink:

1 Like

Very timely advice on this Valentineā€™s Day, for sure.

That is ENTIRELY too much damage to be normal wear on a 1 year old car.