PT Cruiser replacement options

chrysler

I love my 2004 PT Cruiser turbo w/ 5 speed, but it’s got about 80k on it and eventually I’ll need to replace it. I especially like the removable rear seats because I’ve got 3 rottweilers who travel with me a lot, and without the rear seats it’s like a small panel truck with windows. The Daimler-Chrysler power train performs really well and I understand the newer Chryslers don’t do as well. Need to keep the good gas mileage so a big SUV is out of the picture. Suggestions anyone?

For LOTS of space, check out the Ford Transit Connect. Other alternatives, Chevy HHR, Scion xB, Mazda 5, Kia Rondo.

Of all those, the only one that flips my switch is the Mazda 5, and from what I read on the window sticker it gets even lower gas mileage than the Cruiser! Maybe I should check out the Kia a bit closer. What I’m really hoping is that someone will come up with something new and exciting in the next 2-3 years. Thanks!

If mpgs top priority, Honda Fit is surprisingly roomy.

Ford Escape hybrid would give you high mpgs.

Look at the Audi A3 TDI. Mileage is 30 city and 42 highway. The city mileage is 5 or 6 MPG better than your PT Cruiser’s highway mileage.

Take a look at the Hyundai Elantra Touring model.
Very reliable, reasonable cost, good gas mileage, as roomy as the PT.

The A3 TDI or maybe a Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

I suggest you try a 2004 PT Cruiser. They’re great and fill your needs well. Or keep what you have. It has plenty of life left and you and your dogs “love” it.