Problems with Subaru Turn Signal

My 2008 Impreza has its right side turn signal (blinkers) blinking faster than the other. I thought it was a bad bulb but both, the rear and front bulbs are in perfect working condition. What is that? Can I solve the problem myself?

It’s a bulb. Absolutely. There’s a short somewhere in the internal filaments. Test it with and without the parking lights on and walk around it to see what’s not working correctly.

You can get an open with a corroded socket, but the fast flash is a short. It’s not passing through the high resistance filament and has found an easier path to ground.

Thanks. I was afraid that was the answer because having the bulbs replaced on that car is a hassle (already tried but then realized it seems the bumper needs to be removed to give access to the headlights)…

The circuit may run through the emergency flasher switch so try cycling the switch to see if that helps solve this trouble.

having the bulbs replaced on that car is a hassle (already tried but then realized it seems the bumper needs to be removed to give access to the headlights).

Maybe not as bad as you think. Many cars have tricks tot getting at the lamps. Try talking nice to the guy at the parts counter when he is not too busy, he may know the trick. Then again there may not be a trick.

It seems the fancy pants stylist have control of car design today and they could care less about have it practical. Just like those plastic covered headlamps that get sand pitted and sun damaged and when you try to get them replaced, you may end up with a $300.00 bill for what used to cost $5.00

Does this car have <36,000 miles? If yes there is a 3yr/36k warranty that covers this including bulbs.