Power Window

We have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and the driver’s side power window quit working today. All other electic functions are working properly. I checked and jiggled the wires where the door meets the frame which did not solve the problem and I see no evidence of wear. What is the best way to remove the left front door panel to access to the switch?

Thanks

With tools and know how. It can’t be explained. it’s easy to break stuff if your not carefull.
If you do get it apart, check for power at the motor. I may just need a motor

The door panel is held on mostly by “pop” fasteners. You can pry the panel loose at the bottom edge (large swrewdriver) and see how they work. There will be a few screws also. Look in the arm rest area. They may be hidden. The door handle may have to come off. It all depends. All car are not the same.

A service manual, such as Haynes, would show you EXACTLY where all the fasteners are and how to properly remove and reinstall the door panel. A manual will also explain how to diagnose the window problem.

You can also stop by a local body shop with a bag of bagels or home made cookies and have them show you how it’s done. But, before you do, check all the fuses. Do you hear anything when you push or pull the button. If you do, it’s not the motor, it’s the nylon drive belt.