Power window works and then doesn't, frustrating!

My power window has been working on and off since the spring. Drivers side on a '98 S-10 Blazer. When it worked, the window goes down quckly and up again. The first three times it stopped going back up after being fully down in the door panel. I took the panel off and played with things and never got it to work again, it would just magically start working when it wanted to. Recently it stopping working after I put some slight downward pressure on it trying to grab some fast food through the drive thru. It’s now half way down, or in my case being optimistic, halfway up.

I have had also problems with my push button four wheel drive. After almost three years of not working it started to work again, and have not had any problems switching in and out of four wheel drive for the past 6 months. I’m pretty sure it’s electrical problems, maybe grounding?

The most common trouble spots for the symtoms you describe are due to broken wires in the door jamb and dirt switch contacts.

I had a similar problem with my 1998 Regal. I replaced the driver’s side switches and it worked fine. The repair should be easy enough that you can do it. If I can do it, you can too.