Pot hole damage diagnosis

I was attempting to address the OP’s question in the original post and offer some helpful guidance. Apparently I wasn’t too successful! …lol …

1 Like

On top of what’s already mentioned, possible strut, end link, cradle, wheel/tire, normally GM’s axles are not easy to pull out of the transaxle, so at least the axle seal and possible cracked transaxle case or very stressed (future crack), rack-n-pinion could have damaged the gear… There is endless possibility’s hitting a hole that big…

This needs to be turned into insurance just for the unforeseen circumstances… You would hate to replace the obvious broken parts and sign off on the repairs and a week later the rack jam up due to internal failure from the stress of the wreck…

Thanks for the pictures. They show something relevant. Sometimes the pictures just add to the confusion.

Got it taken care of a few days ago lower control arm,broken sway bar link and the cv axle needed to be replaced. About $750 parts and labor not in a shop. Got some weird sounds going on though and my check engine light is on so not 100% satisfied.