Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation


The guys mentioned a paint, with a rust inhibitor in it that goes through the rust to good metal. I think the name is something like ‘Exite’ ‘Ender’ or ??? but I think it started with an E. Anyone remember?

Thanks, Bob

It’s called Extend.


I don’t know about Extend but POR15 is a good rust inhibitor.

Yeah Extend but nothing works very well. POR 15 works the best for a coating and is like a ceramic coating over the rust. It doesn’t stop the rust but it doesn’t bubble through either. Two part epoxy primer is really the best after cleaning the rust off.