We have a 2007 Honda Pilot that runs great except one small bug. Every once in a while, when we’re turning left, everything will completely die in the middle of the intersection - gas pedal, power steering, everything. Then in a second or two, it’ll just jump back to life like it never happened.
I don’t think the engine itself ever dies because we don’t need to re-turn the key
A few other things:
• When it happens, the car lights sometimes flicker and there are clicks behind them as they turn on and off
• It seems to happen more on rainy days than dry ones
• It usually happens after we slow down to a stop after interstate driving
• It almost always happens on a left turn, but it once happened really quickly on a right turn
• It happens maybe once a month, so it’s impossible to replicate for the mechanic
We’ve had it looked at and no-one has any ideas, but we have had the alternator replaced and that didn’t stop it.
Thanks for any ideas!