Oil leak

I HAVE A 87 LINCOLN TOWN SIGNATURE WITH A LOUSY LEAK I"VE TRIED ALL KINDS OF PRODUCTS MANY TIMES, NOTHING. I CAN"T SEE FROM ABOVE WHERE IT"S COMING FROM BEHIND THE ENGINE& I"VE LOOKED MANY TIMES. MY MECHANIC SAYS REAR MAIN BUT SAYS IT"S TO COSTLY TO TAKE CARE& I AGREE. I FIRST HAD VALVE COVERS CHANGED& AND NEW PCV PUT IN — NOTHING? IT DRIZZLES DOWN THE FRONT OF THE TRANSMISSION PLATE IN THREE SPOTS ON THE GROUND? CHECKED FROM BELOW CAN"T SPOT WHERE IT"S COMING FROM?? ONCE IN A WHILE I CALL MY GOOD FRIEND IN FLORIDA I TELL HIM OTHER CAR PROBLEMS I"VE HAD WITH OTHER CARS AND HE HAS BEEN RIGHT ON THE MONEY.HE THINKS JUST BECAUSE I CHANGED THE PCV AND IT WORKS AT THE PCV WITH THE SUCKING DOWN BELOW IS A SCREEN THAT MIGHT BE PLUGGED …HOW TO GET AT IT BEHIND THE REAR OF TOP ENGINE UNLESS YOU REMOVE STUFF TO GET AT IT OR DROP A TOOL TO REMOVE SCREEN. BY THE WAY OIL WAS COMING OUT OF MY DIP STICK AT TIMES.MY OIL & FILTER WAS CHANGED EVERY 2000 TO 3000 MI ALL THE TIME. MY CAR HAS 108,000 MI. ANY HELP OUT THERE BESIDES KEEP ADDING OIL. I DO BUT IT"S MAKING A MESS IN MY DRIVEWAY. MY CAR LOOKS LIKE NEW OR I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME …THANKS

I’m sorry, I just could not read all the ALL CAPS and lack of spaces and paragraphs etc. Most people fine ALL CAPS difficult to read. I suspect many others will just blow by it because it is too difficult to read. Here it is reformatted into a more readable form.

I have a 87 Lincoln town signature with a lousy leak I?ve tried all kinds of products many times, nothing. I can?t see from above where it?s coming from behind the engine& I?ve looked many times. My mechanic says rear main but says it?s to costly to take care & I agree.

I first had valve covers changed& and new pcv put in — nothing? It drizzles down the front of the transmission plate in three spots on the ground? Checked from below can?t spot where it?s coming from?? Once in a while I call my good friend in Florida I tell him other car problems I?ve had with other cars and he has been right on the money .he thinks just because I changed the pcv and it works at the pcv with the sucking down below is a screen that might be plugged …how to get at it behind the rear of top engine unless you remove stuff to get at it or drop a tool to remove screen.

By the way oil was coming out of my dip stick at times. My oil & filter was changed every 2000 to 3000 mi all the time. My car has 108,000 mi. Any help out there besides keep adding oil. I do but it?s making a mess in my driveway. My car looks like new or I would not waste my time …thanks

Personally I suspect your engine is lived past its useful life and is now at the end. However your friend may be on to something and the PVC valve issue may be a solution to help you get a few more miles out of your car. I never fooled much with PVC engines.

you mention you have used several products. what are/were they? what did you use them for? previous oil leaks?

you mention oil previously coming out the dipstick. ???

if oil is blowing out the dipstick i would surmise you have a blown head gasket, with a leak between the exhaust and the oil and are lucky to be still driving this car.