Noise coming from new tire

My wife’s 2013 Prius came with the same type tires they are efficient mpg small tires oem. I would have gave them to her but she got a larger car with different size tires.

I can fit my had all around the tire at full lock and at less than full lock. I can get my hand all around my tire. There is no signs of rubbing on my tire or wheel wells. Note that when driving when I get the noise it is a vary slight turn in the steering wheel like less then half an inch movement.

beyond agreeing with the advice about moving the tire to a different position to see if the sound/vibration move, I can’t offer any further advice.

[Ignore]But kudo’s to you for calling your Prius a “sports car” :smiley: [/ignore]

Being able to fit your hand all the way around the tire when the car isn’t moving is one thing. When it is, and you’re turning, the suspension on the outside of the turn will compress and bring the tire closer to the fender. Same thing when you hit bumps.

By Cars.com Editors

March 30, 2016

Vehicle Overview

What is it: The Toyota 86 is the renamed Scion FR-S that continues as a Toyota since the Scion brand was dropped. It’s a two-seat sportscar.
New for 2017: There’s a new grille and lots of “86” badges around the car.

Stepping into the 2017 Toyota 86 brings back fond memories of when we picked the then-named Scion FR-S Cars.com’s Best of 2013. Now a proper Toyota instead of offshoot Scion, the lightweight, rear-wheel-drive coupe has mildly tweaked styling, suspension and under-hood changes along with the new name. The name is one thing Toyota won’t let you forget, with “86” badging seemingly in every crevice, even in the headlight cover.

Gone is the Scion’s balanced, hexagonal front grille; it’s replaced with what looks like a quivering lip and caterpillar mustache.

Inside, there are new “Grandlux” highlights, a suede-like material on the formerly plastic instrument panel and door panels that feels softer and higher-quality than before. And, finally, there is a new steering wheel with integrated audio controls.

1 Like

apparently I misunderstood the first post. My bad. :slight_smile:

Of course I have never misread anything. Wink! Wink!

1 Like

George you were right! I had the front tires swapped and the noise remained. I then took it to Toyota dealership so far they found a bad wheel bearing. Got a loner but will find out more tomorrow !!

1 Like

Glad you are back on the road with that pesky noise eliminated OP. Good for you.

Thank you everyone every little bit helps to try to find out what to look for.