Nissan Frontier Acceleration Issues

Hi,
My dad purchased a new 2013 Nissan Frontier 4wd in June 2013. On occasion he has issues with acceleration in that he steps on the gas to go (from a full stop), or steps on the gas to speed up (and pass) and the accelerator does not respond. After anywhere from 3-10 seconds it will lurch forward and go. This is an inconsistent/random occurrence.
He has taken it to 2 dealerships and they can’t seem to find anything wrong.
Ideas?
Thank you!

I would take the truck to a good independent mechanic and have the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) checked. You might want to find out if the Frontier has an electronic throttle (throttle by wire or drive by wire system). The mechanic will know what you are talking about.

I WOULDN’T take it to an independent shop if it’s still under warranty. Looking at parts diagrams for the accelerator for this vehicle, it does indeed appear to have a drive-by-wire throttle. Therefore, I would guess that the electronics at either the pedal or the throttle body is flaky, or possibly the wiring harness between them. Maybe it’s time to kick up the problem to a higher level.