New car

I am trying to get a new car. Bigger than Mazda protege which I have now. I have three final selection. 2009 Subaru Forester, 2010 Hyundai Tucson or 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara. I won’t go off road much. I just need to carry some some stuff here and there.

And your question is?

Forester

Ford Edge or Mazda CX7

HAve you looked at a RAV4?

They all seem to be very nice. Other options would be the Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Ford Escape, and Chevy Equinox.

Considering the size of the trunk and back seat, why not the officially full size Honda Accord and go in a bit more comfort than a compact SUV for the same price ?

Probably because the Accord suffers the same problem as the Civic, it sits you on the ground while you drive, making it a pain to get in and out of.

Folks, the man said he’s already narrowed the field down to the Forester, the Tucson, and the Grand Vitara.

Of the three I’d personally go with the Hyundai. They’ve developed an excellent reputation for reliability. But it is a highly personal choice.

Agreed. of the 3, the Hyundai will give the best value for the money

If value means “cheap” perhaps. If value is determined by long term performance and reliability, not necessarily. It hasn’t been out long enough to be in their league IMO.
CR
"The redesigned Tucson SUV acquits itself fairly well but doesn’t quite approach such competitors as the Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester."

Value as in it’ll give one more options for a lower price than a Honda or Toyota. Kinda how I “gambled” when I bought my Mazda when a Toyota, Lexus(which it often gets mistaken for) or Acura could have been a better choice, but the $10k+ I saved over the Lexus/Acura will buy a lot of things that break compared to the others.