Name That Part!

I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to find the proper name of this bracket. On the image listed below, it’s labeled #7.

This is on a 2003 Kia Sorento EX with the 3.5L DOHC Hyundai engine. The bracket in question is where the tensioner guide bolts. The only thing I can think of to call it is the belt tensioner bracket, but since I’ve not been able to find anything on Google, or anything at any parts store, I’m at a loss. I even tried calling our salvage second source place at work and they didn’t know.

#7 is a mounting bracket. The same diagram can be found on this online Kia parts link;

Thank you so much!


Just out of curiosity . . . why do you need to know the name of the part?

Is it missing or damaged?

Are the theads for the tensioner stripped out?

If damaged threads are the only problem, I’d be tempted to just put a helicoil in it and call it good