Most ridiculous aftermarket add-ons

I’ve even seen acorns and brass balls hanging on the trailer hitch

Pretty crude and rude . . .

Imagine trying to get whitewalls on today’s skinny tires.

I seen a cragslist ad for an old AE86 wanna be that had some big fart can on it in the back, a pipe extending up from the muffler like a smoke stack, AND an air filter on the top of the pipe.

I know I’ve posted a couple videos on those negative camber vehicles where it looks like they’re riding on the sidewall instead of the tread.

Jigawatt stereo systems make me fantasize about sitting on my roof with a Barret .50BMG rifle and shooting the speakers inside their trunk. I don’t want to hurt the driver, they’re already killing their hearing from the bass thumping.

Curb feelers!!!

Oh those looked so horrible, but I guess you needed them to park those big ol boats.

I remember when those were quite common, did they work?

round fish-eye blind spot mirrors…on the side of the truck ala buick holes, plus in the ‘‘port hole’’ area of the B pillar and six of them down the side rail of the bed ( same mexican show boat ) with clearence lights between.

Same guy has large silver prize buckle, silver boot tips heel and toe, and silver collar tips, his hat band and bolo tie are hand made too. ( after market add ons ? )

Rick

Years ago, one of my colleagues installed those curb feelers on his wife’s car

She broke them clean off . . . !

The hula girl in the back window

I’ve seen these gonads that were mentioned earlier hanging from the seats on chopped hogs.
The first time I saw them I was with my young teenage daughter. They were on a bike that we were behind. I was appalled that she’d have to see these swinging back and forth as we rode down the road. I’m pretty open minded about decorative accessories as long as they don’t create a hazard, but there are kids out there, and that’s totally inappropriate.

I should take a photo sometime but there’s a silver Dodge Magnum that has a hood ornament from a 80’s-90’s ram truck,chrome everywhere,3 fake buick-style vent ports on each side,led night-rider styler lights in the front air dam,lambo doors,those red headlights that can change back to white,and others.

Haven’t seen it around town lately but there’s a 90’s era Toyota Tercel with a body kit to look like a BMW 3 series, but smaller. Loads of later model stuff stuck on and Alpina Badges everywhere. Probably fools most people.

It used to be the trend in the NW to add vinyl roofs and wire wheels to any japanese compact (civic,sentra,accord) There’s a Subaru Legacy with whitewall tires running around town as well.

While not as common as 5 years ago, a number of the tuner crowd around here seemed to be of the belief that bright yellow paint on various body and engine parts made their cars look good and run better.

One young guy with a worn old white 4 Door Neon had used a few cans on that car. What really made it look ridiculous was the removal of the hood and motoring around with a dozen swaths of yellow crime scene tape draped over the engine compartment from fender to fender; all of it flapping in the breeze.

Fortunately, we were much more mature when we were young… {:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, if the furry handlebar mustache is hot pink it indicates that the car participates in the Lyft rideshare service. They’re super common in San Francisco. The mustaches are made from a lightweight fake fur (almost feathery) that blocks very little air. Some people find mounting and removing them a nuisance so just prop them up on the top of the dashboard. As often as I see them (several times per week) I still get a smile from the grille-mounted ones. I understand they also c ome in a wide rangd of other colors, though avoiding Lyft’s hot pink would be a good idea.

Somebody in my rural area drives a '90s vintage Suburban with a vinyl roof! Because the vehicle is painted white (which itself is a bit odd for a Suburban), with its navy blue vinyl roof you can see this silly-looking thing coming from quite a distance.

Although I don’t recall the other details right now, I know that this Suburban also sports some other type of “pimp accessory”. If I see it on the road, I will post back with the details.

There is a bullet nose Studebaker near work that is lifted and sits on what looks like a 4x4 frame. It looks like a junior monster sedan entering puberty.

I saw an Escalade yesterday jacked up with what must have been 26" chrome rims with tires having about a 1" sidewall. IMHO it looked ridiculous, especially in a region with potholes, but I suppose it is a harmless obsession.

I had a colleague a few years ago that restored and drove only Sunbeam Tigers. One was a daily driver, another was a concourse award-winning show car. He had a few others in various states of renovation and as parts cars. He put one up on a huge 4X4 chassis. I never saw the finished product, but I’ll bet it looks weird.

Theres a strange phenomenon in Massachusetts, where no matter where you go, you can find an early 90s Honda Civic with a ground kit and giant rims.

I can understand the appeal of such things, but why on a 20 year old Civic?!

Why do low riders choose 1940s to 1550s cars to lower and pimp out? I do have to admit that of all the low riders, this class is my favorite. I’m not at all into the bouncy air suspension. The first car pictured below is great. The second, well, not so great.

I did not know about the ride share and the Mustache thing. That might explain the guy driving the Prius. A very generic looking 70-80 yr old guy and I could not imagine him going through the hassle of adding a cute mustache to his grill. I figured maybe he has borrowed his granddaughter’s car.

Another reason I won’t let my wife put sticker’s on the car saying “… mom”, I do drive her car once in a while and am nobody’s mom.

I`m with rick, curb feelers!
They looked completely rediculous, how were they suppose to work anyhow? did they even work?
They looked like little martian antennas sticking out from the car.
I seem to remember that every car I saw that had curb feelers also had some cheesy mud flaps too. lol
They must have come as a package deal, buy 4 curb feelers and they throw in some cheesy mud flaps free.

@‌tardrex

“I`m with rick, curb feelers!
They looked completely ridiculous, how were they suppose to work anyhow? did they even work?”

I don’t know if you read my response to Rick . . . anyways, here goes

Several years ago, my colleague installed curb feelers on his wife’s car

She broke them clean off . . . !