Moscow Motorcycle video

I don’t know if this is an appropriate topic for CAR talk, but it sure relates to a vehicle.

http://jal…-is-insane

He is on a wide, busy Moscow street with a Yamaha R1. I don’t know much about motorcycles, but the fastest R1 runs 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, 100 in less than 6 seconds, and top speed around 165.

When I get time, I want to go back and do some “scaling” to estimate how fast he is running. But, it sure looks like he is well over 100 mph in places, not sure about 150.

Scaling is using the actual images, for example time how long he needs to pass a number of cars, then estimate the length of car and distance between. Using the known fact that 88 feet per seconds equals 60 mph, one can come up with a rough estimate of his velocity.

Sorry, I don’t know how this got on here. After logging in, I clicked on the Discussions thread, then hit add question, thought it would be there, which I feel is more appropriate than here, but when it posted it was over here. I do not know why, and apologize for the error.

Hope he signed his organ donor card.

Ed B.

Hee, hee. But, I doubt there will be enough left to identify the desired organs if he hits something.