Makes noise at 25 mph

I have a brand new 2011 Camry. I noticed that every time I get out from “Park” and starts driving, by the time the speed hits 25 mph, I will hear a “click” and then “clunk” “clunk” “clunk” three ot four times from (under) the engine block. It will then be fine for the rest of the trip and will not repeat. Only the first time I hit 25 mph from “Park” position. Any idea what may have caused this? I will bring the car back to dealer for checking soon.

Are the doors automatically locking? That’s what it sounds like to me.

Nope. I will make the clunking sounds three or four times. Initially i thought it was the road noise, but found out it was not. Sounds more like the brake to me.

You are hearing the normal diagnostic test that is automatically run on the Antilock Braking System (ABS). What you are describing is the exact scenario for when this self-test would be run. If you dont’ believe me, read your Owner’s Manual, which does deal with the topic.

The noise from the ABS self-test varies somewhat from one make of car to another, and some cars seem to run the test without noise. However, I can tell you that I have experienced this normal noise (and sometimes an accompanying vibration in the brake pedal) on Toyotas, Fords, Hondas, and Subarus.

Is this the first car that you have had with ABS?

Hello!
Are you there, Mytalk?

Hello! Yes, armed with the correct keywords, I did a few search on the net and I am convinced you are correct. I check the manual and it does say something about this but the descriptions are rather vague. I will mentioned this to the dealer next time I bring the car in and see if it does the same to all 2011 Camrys. I drove company’s Camry at work (year 2008-2009) and i never notice they do the same.

A 2008-09 Camry may not make the same noise from the ABS self-test as a 2011 Camry.
In fact, I have noticed some variation in this noise among cars of the same make, model, and model year.

While this noise may be an annoyance, it is not anything to be concerned about, and does not represent a mechanical problem.