Magic Window Motor

We have a 2004 Sebring which has a problem with the drivers window. All winter and into the spring it wouldn’t roll down. It first sounded like it was laboring to go up and down. We took it to a dealer and they put a new switch in but it still didn’t work. Now that the weather is warmer, and if the car has been sitting in the sunshine it does roll up and down. Just when we thought it was a dead motor in the door it works, then in the morning when it is cooler it doesn’t work any more. Any ideas?

I am going through a similar problem with our ford windstar. All indications are the motor needs to be replaced, but if you hit the motor all is good for 4 or 5 times then it quits all the way down or all the way up. The stop sensor is probably part of the motor and sorry to say I gave the wife a rubber mallet and showed her where to hit the door panel when it fails. I greased the rollers and bars as best I could but it only offered minimal improvement, The motor is riveted in and costs $300 to replace. May let you know where I go from here but in the meantime the mallet is ready. Looking at some kind of dry lubricant for the window channels toa ease the stress, but i do no know if that is a fix.

Ah, I did not know that a mallet was an automotive tool! Glad I have it in writing when my husband asks what I am doing! I just new working on a car would be fun!

I don’t know if it will help or hurt, but sometimes I can’t but help myself from saying " They could break an Anvil with a rubber mallet" course I just gave the love of my life a rubber mallet, and do expect to live through the night.