Lincoln Town Car trunk will not open with remote

I have a 1994 Lincoln Town Car.

The trunk will not open with the remote control. Yes, I have changed the batteries. The doors will lock and unlock from the remote. In addition, the trunk will not open from the trunk release button in the glove box.

It sounds like the solenoid on the trunk latch, or the wiring to it has failed.

I’m with Tardis on this one.

Try manually operating the latch (there should be a manual release inside the trunk). If it operates manually, then check to see if you have 12VDC at the solenoid when the open button is pressed. If not, you’ll want to go back to the fusebox. If the fuse is good and you have power there, you may want to check and see if the circuit there is powering a relay or powering the solenoid directly. My guess is that since the solenoid always has power applied even when the car is off, there probably is no relay.

Caveat: If there is a security system or the latch is powered by the signal from a “body control module”, all my thoughts are bogus.

Post back.

“Caveat: If there is a security system or the latch is powered by the signal from a “body control module”, all my thoughts are bogus.”

That’s true of the newer ones, but I am pretty sure (not 100%) that the 1994 didn’t drive this from a BCM, so I don’t think your thoughts are bogus here. I think that the trunk release switch in the cabin is directly wired to the solenoid. (The remote activates it from the Driver’s Door Module.)

Check the fuse that protects the power trunk release…

the same mountainbike Umm… How would you open a locked trunk with a manual release inside the trunk?Did I miss something in the post or your answer ?

"How would you open a locked trunk with a manual release inside the trunk?Did I miss something in the post or your answer ?"
I’ll answer for him…
You open the trunk by putting the key in the lock on the trunk lid and turning it. Then the OP can use the safety release inside the trunk to see if the release is binding.