License plates that owners should have thought about more carefully

Geez. You just keep pulling my cord. One of the head cooks I worked with in high school was an extreme stutterer. He’s laugh about it and we’d get impatient for him to spit out what he wanted but he was a good guy. The thing is he was a singer too with a great voice and when he sang there was absolutely no hesitation or stutter at all. Its always puzzled me.

To go way off. Same guy some years before I was fishing at the dam and found a lighter in the water with the SAC (Strategic Air Command) emblem on it and engraving. I took it home and refurbished it and showed my dad. He said oh boy. we need to try and get it back to the owner. Turns out it was this same guy and the lighter was very meaningful to him. He didn’t have much money but emptied his pockets with change when my dad brought it to him. Another life lesson I guess. I would have kept it.

I roomed with a stutterer in college. This guy could act on stage without missing a word; a different mental process at work here.

Anyway, he studied physics and then astronomy and wound up as an astronomer with the US Navy Observatory in Flagstaff. A very successful career where he did not have to talk a lot!

I heard it said that people tend not to stutter when the words they are going to speak are well known. i.e. singing a song, giving a well rehearsed speech, etc Where the dialog is less certain, they tend to stumble on the words…

I just saw a plate that said 300revs.
no it was not on a Z car or Chrysler 300M
it was a newer sedan. not a Mercedes.

Mel Tilliss stutters when he speaks, but not when he sings :cat:
Or not
http://imgur.com/kbMuqyV

I’ve seen the Rocky and Bullwinkle plate before. It’s still a favorite.

1 Like

My son’s Vette’s tag reads – CLOK ME

And they will, Oh yes, they WILL! Owned a red Corvette a while back. I could have cooked a hot dog slid on the antenna with the radiation from the radar guns aimed at me driving in Ohio - Ohio was notorious for radar traps back then!

an error has occurred tan874

At back to the 50s last weekend, a guy had an old hearse with. The plate lastryde