Hioffcr

I know much has been said about vanity license plates, but I enjoyed the picture of that HIOFFCR plate on a bright red Pontiac G8.

Here’s the site I was looking at:
http://www.r8pl8z.com/

Any of you guys got a vanity plate that we can chuckle at or try and solve ? I remember back when I drove a white company car VW Rabbit, somebody had a similar car with ML8ML8 on it.

Anybody actually have a vanity plate ?
Anybody have a favorite plate ?
What have you got ?

CSA

One favorite I remember, a divorcee with a good lawyer I assume.
WASHISZ

This one was in the news, and he got to keep it!
http://www.fataldownflaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/eatkids.jpg

All Rise

Did you see that one ? Looks like it’s on a GTO Judge, of course.

CSA

One I liked was a on a shiny black Volkswagen Beetle: DARTH.

The one that I’d love to have for my car is too long by 1 letter. They give us 9 spaces to fill out for the plates, but only 7 characters are allowed.
The closest I could come would be z00000m instead of z00mz00m

Most states still use embossed number plates, the characters stamped into the plate…But Colorado’s vanity plates are flat steel, the characters are just printed on…That difference is quite noticeable, they look cheesy, homemade, and few people buy them…

Why is cheesy a bad thing? I like cheesy burgers and fries. What cheesy thing do you not like?

JSTFRTD

My 2002 VW New Beetle has "BAA HUM".  Before I retired my plate was TAX 2.  Guess who I worked for.

Joseph, Um . . .
Infernal Revenue Service ?
Income Retrieval Service ?

If so, I like you better retired.

:wink:
CSA

In another thread, some of us actually said we didn’t care how we looked to others in a car and we are now discussing vanity plates? They are called vanity plates for a reason. I still maintain that for nearly all of us, our cars are “vanity statements” special plates or not. We look at cars and plates of others and project how we would look driving the same…this is proof and anyone who has a vanity plate is proof positive !

"In another thread, some of us actually said we didn’t care how we looked to others in a car and we are now discussing vanity plates?"
I must have missed that one, but not everybody shares your views.

It’s optional that one participates in any of these discussions.

Besides, they’re called specialty plates, vanity plates, personalized plates, private number plates, prestige plates, etcetera, and I don’t think folks always buy them because they " . . . care how we looked to others in a car . . . "

Some folks get them just to give others a laugh while they’re making a boring commute. What’s wrong with that ?

I enjoy a chuckle or a little mystery trying to decipher a group of letters and numbers on a car.

Do I have one ? No. Am I likely to get one ? No. Do I enjoy seeing other’s plates ? Yes.

CSA

Just saw a muscle car with the “proactive” plate that said “GUILTY”. His drving style confirmed it!

“GUILTY” - That’s Funny.
Throwing yourself at the mercy of the court, or in this case a law officer, is an idea that may or may not work, depending on the sense of humor of the officer.
CSA

It was in a Far Side cartoon. A big lizard is driving a car with a plate saying:

I8NY

"I enjoy a chuckle or a little mystery trying to decipher a group of letters and numbers on a car.

Do I have one ? No. Am I likely to get one ? No. Do I enjoy seeing other’s plates ? Yes."

Same here in both ways. I am as guilty as anyone just too cheap to actually pay for one. It is routine for we older Toyota truck owners to remove some of the truck decals on the tailgate, self included, so all that was left was YO or TOY. Guess that’s a cheap man’s vanity plate.

I remember too a Civic years ago with a vanity plate “superH” which didn’t make sense till you looked at the rest of the car. Every decal you can imagine including “turbo charged, v8, overdrive, Hemi, HO(high output), fuel injected etc.” was plastered on the obviously stock little Civic.

It wasn’t stock. Stickers add 20hp each, so he probably had over 9000 horse power in that thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Boy do I feel dumb for not realizing the obvious.

In New York you have to get personalized plates now if you don’t want the ugly bright orange ones. (I suspect that was planned to get extra money.)

You have to be a software engineer to really appreciate this one…

VW Bug license place “FEATUR”

One of my favorites…

On a Infinity… “ANDBYND”