Lexus GPS outage? How widespread?

10 mm hex socket loosens cable clamp nut.
Left negative off 5 minutes.
GPS, radio, CD now work.
Analog clock spun backwards to 6:05 or something.

The 2013 RX350 emergencyehicle is unaffected.

Did someone hack the system?

@“Robert Gift” From what I saw on Lexus twitter page they removed the first post I took a screenshot off was it look like whoever created the update somehow the programming to configure the update was glitched. from what they are saying I believe the programmer who created the update might have set the wrong code or possible sent a possible bug by accident. From what Lexus responded they said it was Erratic data traffic from the national weather and traffic service. Whoever was the programmer who created the update messed up and Lexus is trying to protect themselves.

Lexus sent an e-mail to her on Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:08 pm.

"Dear ------

You may or may not have recently experienced difficulties related to the navigation display in your Lexus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles.

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features, and the hands-free mobile phone functions. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system. Until then, owners of affected vehicles should exercise additional caution when driving. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have further questions, please visit our FAQ site at http://lexus.us/1Xb4cMz or contact our Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Lexus National Headquarters"

I still think I could re-write that in about four lines in English but I’m too tired.

We screwed up.
You may be affected.
Some electronic do-dads won’t work right so stop in for a free fix.
Until then, drive carefully.

Good job. And I would have added free coffee.

FREE FOOD?!!!

Purchased plastic wheel ramps at Wal-Mart. Gradual enough incline that the car body does not hit.

Just finished the Camry oil filter cartridge change.
Nice having room to work instead of lying in the gutter.
Worried if I torque the hard plastic cup holding the oil filter too tightly.
But it screws inside the metal housing.

Toyota’s filter includes the large cup “O”-ring and a gasket for the oil plug.
Wal-Mart people applied some kind of blue stuff around the oil plug.
The gasket on the plug was worn out.

I’ll fax you a doughnut robert!