Knocking noise while turning - 2012 Honda Civic LX

Whenever I make a sharp (think turning into driveway) turn left or right, my car makes a knocking noise. Not a clicking, but I recreated the noise by knocking 2 plastic cups together. 2012 Honda Civic LX.

Does it knock repeatedly, and does the knocking get faster as the wheels turn faster?

@jesmed1 It is only present when the wheels turn, at any speed (usually slow, not out here doing donuts) i would say that it knocks 3-5 times. It isn’t there after the wheels straighten.

In most cases a problem like this is due to a bad CV joint on one of the halfshafts. A 2012 is a bit young for an issue like this but depending upon the miles or whether a shaft boot has split open it’s also possible for a joint to have failed.

Yes any kind of clicking or knocking repeatedly while the wheel is sharply turned usually always points to the CV Joints…they are at their most vulnerable/Stressed at this time than any other. Unless you have a loose inner fender plastic that has gotten in the way of the tire…if this happens the tire can contact the plastic inner fender and make all sorts of funny noises. Look on the inside of your front fenders for telltale signs of rubbing. You can also look on the insides of the front tires for clean marks or a clean streak on the inside of the rubber.

Time to start poking around the front of the vehicle.

Blackbird