Kia products

Just about anything insightful and iconoclastic, until the heroin gets too strong.

RIP, Lenny.

Thank you for standing up for people that are out of the historic mainstream.

I went to a dinner party at my sister’s house last Saturday. In attendance were my wife and I, two of my daughters and their husbands, my unmarried daughter, my sister and her wife, and my cousin and her wife. My unmarried daughter did not bring a date, but we didn’t hold that against her. I had a great time talking to my sister in law about work. We are in the same business and it is always great to get her perspective on work-related things. My cousin’s wife is in a different part of the same business, and I hadn’t spoken to her at length before. That was also a highlight of the evening. As usual, we had such a good time together that we forgot to talk about sexual preferences.

I should think not

There should be no social stigma, when you’re going to family functions “unaccompanied”

1 Like

This certainly seems like an unnecessary statement .
Didn’t know this was dinnerparty.com.

2 Likes

Sounds like you didn’t, but you or someone does.

1 Like

I didnt think elgreen was being offensive by referring to the generalization that lesbians buy a lot of pickups. (I have no idea.) the topic was written about on cartalk.com, too, so it’s not something that the show shied away from. I guess it’s a demographics discussion.

5 Likes

@cdaquila

Can we please unblock elgreen’s comments? :pray:

All he did is refer to information from THIS website

I feel he got unfairly demonized :frowning2:

1 Like

It is late and I might’ve missed it but I can’t see how to make posts visible again. I’ll see what I can figure out about this. Certainly did not mean to demonize anyone.

2 Likes

It’s not YOU that demonized elgreen

I believe it’s an automatic function of this website, correct?

If a comment gets “flagged” it becomes hidden, doesn’t it?

I feel that is appropriate with some truly hateful comments, but I personally don’t see anything hateful, discriminator or even problematical with elgreen’s comments

1 Like

What are we becoming? I long for the days when things were simpler and made more sense. Look at all that wasted discussion about
 whatever that is that it’s about.

It started out with Kia Products. That makes sense, even if I wouldn’t know a Kia from a Kiwi (none anywhere near here), but what’s with this other senseless babble?
CSA

Double click on ‘view hidden content’.

1 Like

I know how to view hidden content :mag: But I’m grateful for your help, nonetheless :slight_smile:

I saw it before it was hidden, and I was able to view it after it was hidden by double clicking on it, as you suggested

My point is I feel elgreen didn’t do anything to warrant having his comments hidden in the first place

Opinions clearly differ on this subject, but that’s mine, FWIW

I didn’t see a problem either. LGBT is used on the news daily. As far as I know no LGBT people flagged elgreen’s post.

1 Like

A Jeep holding its value? Don’t think so - they have always depreciated faster than their competition. If you are selling one, you have to hope an enthusiast comes along whose own Jeep just bit the dust and is desperate to do it again.

Stargazer, I don’t know where you are but used jeeps in my area are not cheap. I guess you could say they do hold their value.

1 Like

Exactly what kind of Jeeps are you talking about?

Wrangler?

Or the IMO lesser quality Liberty, Patriot, etc.?

Have you bought and sold many Jeep Wranglers? The Wrangler was rated the #1 vehicle for resale value in 2012, #4 this year.