Jeep commander transmission

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander that dies at stop lights and stop sighns. It acts like I didn’t get the clutch in on time but the vehicle is an automatic. It lurches a little and then the engine dies. Restarts easily. Never happens in reverse. If I put it in neutral it doesn’t die. In December, the transmission filter was clogged and wouldn’t engage any gears. I had it towed to a shop and a transmission service was done on it but now I have this problem. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

It sounds like your torque converter clutch (TCC) is getting stuck - not releasing and leaving the engine locked to the transmission without any slip. Its time to go back to the tranny shop. If things got bad enough to clog up your filter then there are likely plenty of other issues left. One possibility is that now your TCC solenoid is gunked up.

I think cigroller hit it on the nose. It sounds like the converter was coming apart and has now failed.

transman

I’d do an Auto-Rx treatment on the trans, change the fluid via cooler line exchange, and add a Magnefine inline filter.

I’ve never seen a clogged trans pan pickup filter. This is too new a unit to see that type of debris “normally”.

You have a locking torque converter (fluid coupling) and it’s not unlocking as it’s supposed to.

A 2006 with a CLOGGED transmission filter?? I’m tempted to ask: Clogged with WHAT??