Jeep Alarm

I have a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo it has various problems that I can deal with but this one is probably the most annoying.

This started a short while back and only happens at random. The internal alarm that notifies you that your lights are on, or key is in the ignition, etc etc, doesn’t always work properly. I’ll start the Jeep, get the normal ding ding ding and then it will start with an endless beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Sometimes it will do this at random when I’m driving as well.

Sometimes it will stop at random, and restart, but hitting bumps seems to disturb it the most. It’s been suggested to me it’s probably a fuse, I’ve had a look, but I’m not sure which fuse I should check (didn’t see anything labled in there regarding this), or maybe it’s obvious and I missed it.

believe there should be a module under dash that emits these noises,i would say simply try to find as its making noise and remove,though i cant say if this would cause you any other problems ,but i highly doubt it.I have seen some plugged into fuse block shaped sorta like a relay and others with their own harness and have removed with no further problems.

WOW that was easy. I looked under it, right there it was, stood out plain as day, was a medium sized purple box, I pulled it out, which was easy, all noises stopped, I’ve plugged it back in for now and will watch it. I think it was simply loose, but I’ll see.

Thanks alot :slight_smile: