Its dead, now what?

What’s the best way to sell a car for scrap?

I’ve got a 1991 Chevrolet Corsica LT, that needs to be gone. It needs a new coolant system, and battery.

The county scrap yard wants me to pay them to take it.

Another place offered to take it off my hands for free. I pay nothing, but I also get nothing.

I don’t know what to do, any ideas?

Be careful of any “donate your car” scheme.
Someone I know of donated a car to a well known veterans organization. Someone came out, took the title, towed the car and the next thing the donor knew, he was contacted by the police for abandoning the car somewhere. They wanted lots of money for fines, towing, etc. I am sure the intended recipient had nothing to do with this, but just be sure you get proof of transfer of ownership if you donate the car.

How much would it cost for you to haul the car to a junkyard and how close is there one that will take it???
If it was my choice… if someone is willing to take it away for free I would do it and take the advice from the previous posting.

Thanks to China the price of scrap mettal is high right now. I know many guys around my area of NJ pay any where from $50-$100 for a scrap car. Last time I took a car to the yard they were paying $7 per 100 LBS

Whaddya mean “new cooling system”?

If its just a radiator, that’s nothing. Put it on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks and someone will be more than hapy to take it.