Is there a way to disable the Bobcat bulldozer without shooting the operator?

I guess you and gobigreddie, the poster of that video, doesn’t know the difference in a Bulldozer and a Skidsteer, two TOTALLY different types of machinery …

But to answer your question, you either have to wait on the operator to stop it or wait for it to run out of fuel… They are designed to keep the operator safe… And if you have ever operated one, they are a blast to play around with… lol

A Skidsteer is a small and fast moving, versatile piece of construction equipment primarily used for digging, they can be on pneumatic tires, solid/hard tires or tracks…
A Skidsteer is what is in the video…

A bulldozer or dozer is a slow and large, machine equipped with a metal blade to the front for pushing material: soil, sand, snow, rubble, or rock during construction work. It travels most commonly on continuous tracks… A Bulldozer is NOT in the video…

3 Likes

OP could replace thread title to bobcat killdozer

A Killsteer maybe, but not dozer…

Still not any kind of dozer… like calling a saw and a hammer the same thing, even though they are both mainly used in construction, they are totally different and have different uses…

And BTW, Calling a Skidsteer a Bobcat is the same thing as calling a circular saw a Skilsaw… lol

2 Likes

Last skidsteer I drove would not run if the door was open, open the door?

Edward Abbey’s book “The Monkey Wrench Gang”.

I was waiting to see Animal Control show up on the scene.

If I could only have one piece of equipment
It would be a skid steer with tires and a bucket. Lots of fun, cheap, and can do untold work in a day. Of course farmers need a tractor anyway so just get the bucket attachment and maybe backhoe attachment. I used to be able to rent them for $100 a day, delivered.

2 Likes

Well, pilgrim, sometimes the operator shoots back

3 Likes

There was an incident where a soldier drove a tank off a base and was destroying everything in it’s path. When if finally got hung up on a guardrail (after causing millions in damage and endangering hundreds of peoples lives for the 1 hour rampage) the police popped open the hatch and shot him dead.

1 Like

Sure there is. Just keep firing into the vent grill on either side. Your are sure to hit something vital, hydraulics, coolant, or electrical. And judging by the video the police could easily gotten close enough to do this.

2 Likes

@Robert-Gift

Just forget it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah and I am still wondering why Animal Control would show up on the scene… :man_facepalming:

I guess every forum of nobleman needs their jester’s, we happen to have a few… :laughing:

Thank you.

Would hate to shoot someone drunk or drugged or crazed.
Did not see the vents.

If a vehicle, try to shoothe tires one side - preferably right side?

Shooting anyone is a last resort. Not sure why there is so much sympathy for just those three conditions. But is their life any more precious than innocent bystanders at great risk when someone is wielding deadly force? Personally, I have less sympathy for the perpetrator than the people around him that could be injured by his reckless actions and that includes the police just trying to subdue him.

2 Likes

Some of the regulars on this site are crazed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I thought that this was going to be one of those humor posts when I read the title and my inclination was to answer that you can stop a bobcat with a caterpillar.

You can stop a Bobcat Skidsteer with a Caterpillar Bulldozer… :laughing:

1 Like

Bobcats are pretty fast. Doubt the caterpillar could catch it.

1 Like

Blast the bobcat with bear spray.

Use a long chain or wire rope with a lasso loop on the end and try to trap the Bobcat. It would have to be secured to a big tree or something. Probably wouldn’t be practical since someone would have to get close.

Drive in to the side of it with a garbage truck or school bus and try to tip it over.

Challenge it to a dual with another Bobcat.

Throw balloons filled with used oil at it to cover the windows so the driver can’t see.

Throw a Molotov cocktail at it so the driver starts to get burnt and gets out.

Shoot a pistol at it until a hydraulic hose or some control linkage is hit.

Shoot the driver in the arm.