Is Tesla introducing a bargain version of their Cybertruck?

:grimacing:

3 Likes

I don’t see the difference, they look similar to me. Almost as if it were a mirror image :wink:

2 Likes

I just saw one (the real one), and it looks no better close up. Odd from near and far.

2 Likes

Careful with those! Is your tetanus booster up to date?? :rofl:

2 Likes

I saw one in the Costco lot a while back. It was not of great interest to me. Just looked like something a sheet metal worker did in his garage.

Sometimes they will conceal new body design with wraps or tarps but more likely just a guy with a paint brush.

I’ve seen a few of them in my part of the world that have already been painted, or perhaps “wrapped”.

Strange; I’ve yet to see a Cybertruck hauling any cargo in the bed, or pulling a trailer of any sort. Curious. :thinking:

1 Like

I doubt if you will ever see a Cyber truck used as a truck .

Just think how people who have one now feel about the large price reduction.

Lots of Cybertrucks around me
 most are wrapped. Majority of those are wrapped with a business logo.

Never, ever, have I seen one with a trailer or cargo in the open bed.

I read that there isn’t even enough room in the cargo bed for a full-size bike.

Which begs of the question of why you’d buy one in the first place. Unless your goal is to be “seen”.

I’m fully aware that the majority of trucks out there rarely do any actual “truck stuff”. But if I had to have an electric pickup truck, I’d get an F-150 Lightning in a minute. Say what you will, at least it’s a useful vehicle designed more for utility than
well, whatever a Cybertruck is for.

1 Like

Putting another bag of leaves in my trailer.

Based on the price, the lack of actual utility, and the “style” of the thing I am of the opinion that it’s a “look at me” vehicle.

The first one that I saw (several months ago) was parked on the main street in Princeton, and it drew a crowd–which I think is exactly what the owner was seeking. Bear in mind that it’s not unusual to see a Rolls-Royce, a Bentley, a Maybach, a Ferrari, or a McLaren in Princeton, but they don’t attract a crowd.

Just remember this is not mainstream America. Once you have so much money, it’s just buying stuff for the fun of it.

I understand that wrapping is popular to avoid the rust problems associated with Cybertrucks

Recently, I saw one that was (flat) black, and another that was blue. Do you think they were wrapped, or do they offer color options from the factory?

Also, there are online pics of one that was polished to a mirror finish. On a sunny day, I can imagine that this would essentially be an assault on other drivers’ eyes.

1 Like

I personally think certain people buy Cybertrucks to attract attention

3 Likes

The stainless finish is the only one from the factory. IMO wrapping is the way to go. Most people won’t know how to care for passivated stainless steel and might remove the passivation layer. That when the rust starts.

Tesla offers a color wrap option at certain Tesla centers, California to start but may have expanded, a colored PPF that’s also available for the model 3, Y if you wanted something other than the factory colors. Cybertruck only comes in stainless but I’ve seen a copper wrap along with matte black here in town.

I saw a sea breeze wrap on a Cybertruck. It looked great. The color that is. Lipstick on a pig is never attractive.

3 Likes

I don’t see how wrapping would help much to prevent rust problems on a truck. Doesn’t the rust that eventually appear on the surface of a fender usually start on the other unwrapped side, underneath the truck?