Is Tesla introducing a bargain version of their Cybertruck?

Chrome vehicle wraps are available.

I remember when gold metallic wraps first came out, a a number of articles about a “solid gold Ferrari “, etc.

Those wraps are for looks, not rust protection.

Well, duh. What did you think this vehicle is designed for? To be fair, people buy expensive sports cars for essentially the same reason. Why do you think people spend hundreds of thousands to millions for a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc? To show off, that’s why!

In terms of functionality, a 2WD long-bed pickup, or a FWD minivan has all these vehicles beat–and for a fraction of the cost!

Made the rounds a few months ago, 120hrs labor to polish the entire truck.
You Can Buy A Polished Tesla Cybertruck If You Need Everyone To Hate You

1 Like

We have a few around my area that I am seeing, ugly as homemade sin, but to each their own

I did see this one and it did look pretty cool

She put a small child’s wheelchair in the back and it looked like she struggled a little doing it, then closing the lid/top thingy was kind of fun to watch also, I think it would have been easier to just of put the wheelchair in the other side of the backseat
 lol

BTW, if I had a Ferrari, Lamborghini, it wouldn’t be to impress anyone, it would be for me to have fun in it
 Win, loose or draw, I would be trying to race anything with wheels on it, shopping carts and all
 :grin:
I would be driving the Dragons tail (Tail of the Dragon) in east TN and having a blast
 Granted I have driven a Grand Caravan fast in the sharp narrow curves of the Smokies, so don’t think I wouldn’t a Ferrari, Lamborghini either

I would also be looking for track days, I might not be the fastest, but I dang sure would be having fun

1 Like

The rust is on the surface. It is free ferrite converting to rust. The majority of the stainless steel metal is rustproof. Using a wrap on a properly prepared surface will prevent rust on the wrapped surface. The hidden side doesn’t matter since surface rust won’t lead to holes in the metal.

Motor week today did a review of the Cyber truck. I’ve seen a few around. Way too ugly and expensive for my tastes. One of their complaints was being able to see. They said that they tried to make up for it with a lot of cameras. If those cameras are anything like my backup camera on my Highlander - completely WORTHLESS in wet or snowy weather.