Is Tesla in a tailspin?

Same here. But GM lost me as a customer decades ago. Their vehicles were just not as reliable as I needed. Never looked back and glad I left. Best decision I ever made.

2 Likes

Yes, I also think Tesla is over-valued. I’m not a big fan of theirs either. Not particularly fond of their styling for most of their offerings.

1 Like

I noticed some trucks without beds at the GM dealer. I didn’t get a chance to see what model they are. The frame in the back is made of thick channel like the old trucks were, not the thin square tube that Ford has been making their truck frames out of since 2004. The Fords often don’t last past 15 years before the frame needs replacing in the salty north. This is a great selling point for GM!

1 Like

Hasn’t Ford switched to aluminum frames for their trucks?

If they don’t come up with a significant restyling soon, I think that it’s going to have a really negative impact on their sales. The Model S was introduced to the marketplace in 2012, and it has never been restyled. The Model S is the only Tesla model that I think is decent-looking, but no carmakers nowadays go more than 5 years without a restyling. Going that long w/o restyling worked for VW in the old days, but the old Bug wasn’t an upscale car.

3 Likes

Ford trucks have aluminum bodies but steel frames.

2 Likes