Is my husband insane?

Here’s the scenario: man with history of debilitating back problems asks adoring wife weighing approx. 114 with no cartilage in her right knee to be his lone assistant for 92 Integra hatch replacement escapade. Is said man insane? Please advise.

Man needs to buy/rent a transmission jack or a panel lifter. This will do the heavy lifting, then adoring wife will only need to help guide it. After man sees the cost of buying/renting said device, he will see the wisdom of having it done.

Oooo! Maybe we could build one!
autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=301

Adoring wife with a sense of humor, can’t be insane but thinking outside the box like that it just might be doable.

The hatch itself is light, but the glass in the hatch is freaking heavy. This is a job for non-injured people, but it’s only about 5 minutes worth of heavy lifting work. Bribe a couple of neighborhood teenagers :wink:

thanks, guys! I did find out that the actual weight of the hatch w/ glass is roughly 75 lbs. Still, I think I’ll go knock on the neighbor’s door…he’s an EMT and his wife is a nurse…

Promise them beer - their favorite quaff. Even a 6 pack of really expensive beer is less than $15. That’s for the EMT and nurse next door. They are likely over 21.

Good thing you have TWO neighbors.
This is better as a three person job.
Two to hold and support the gate while the third tightens bolts.

Quote @Tag "thanks, guys! I did find out that the actual weight of the hatch w/ glass is roughly 75 lbs. Still, I think I’ll go knock on the neighbor’s door…he’s an EMT and his wife is a nurse… "

Sooo, your plan is to have them standing by?

I, too, wonder if the EMT and nurse are there to aid the injured or to lift the hatch. It would probably be best to have them lift the hatch. You have to have a strong back to be either an EMT or a nurse. I also agree with this being a three person job, and this is coming from somebody with a reputation for normally doing three person jobs alone. It’s not so much because the hatch is heavy, but because it is very cumbersome, easily damaged (glass), and will need to be held in place while it is bolted onto the vehicle.

I don’t know. Dis he knpw about the bum knee when he married you?

Success! A little sweat equity + a whole lotta lovin’ + $55 = Oh yeah! (and no hospital bills :wink: Hubby made it home just fine, but, Of course, wifey here got a flat on the way home, but it’s all good - lol! Now we’re breaking out the IPA and firing up the grill. Boo-yah!

Yahoo! What IPA do you like? I’m fond of many, but ny current favorite is Acme from North Coast Brewing near San Diego. It’s not overtly hoppy as many craft brew IPAs are. I’m also fond of Raging Bitch from Flying Dog Brewing. The names all deal with dogs, just in case you are startled.

@oldtimer edit while you still can! Sure I get my share of typos, but I don’t think after 22 years wy wife would describe herself as adoring, apprecietive I am sure as I hear that often, but adoring is something special.