Intermittent windshield wipers Issue

I have a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier with Intermittent windshield wipers. About six weeks ago the wiper motor stated giving me problems. When you turned the wipers off they wouldn?t park below the windshield. I check them out and found the motors parking circuit was bad. I checked on a replacement wiper motor and found they cost around $120. Because I am going through financial hard times, I decided to go to my local salvage yard to find a replacement. I found a low mileage 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier which looked like it has been rear ended by a dump truck. But the front clip was in great shape. I removed the wiper motor and purchased it for $20. I installed it on my car and tried it out, It worked great… until I tried the Intermittent settings. It works fine, but when they park between Intermittent cycles, the wipers park at the top of the windshield not the bottom. But when you turn the wipers off they park below the windshield as they should. The motor was identical to the one I removed. Checked my service manual and found nothing wrong. I don?t have a clue at this point…