Integrated Power Module

03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4

My headlight burned out and I replaced it, but I also noticed that my tail lights weren’t working. I don’t know if both problems occurred concurrently. I checked the fuses, relays, bulbs - no tail lights. I thought after replacing the headlamp the tail lights might suddenly start working thinking some circuit might be reconnected, but nada.

Took it to the garage, they checked all the circuits and determined that I needed an ‘integrated power module’ ($400) and a ‘front control module’ ($480). Add a little labor and it’s a thousand.

I was also told that I couldn’t get these junk, they had to be synched to my specific vehicle by VIN.

My question - could there be something else and/or is this something I can do myself with junk parts if I can get them. I’m moderately handy with this kind of stuff, but I’m not a mechanic (and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bump - any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Bump - no takers?

For a Grand, you could completely re-wire your truck… It’s just 12 volt lights! FORGET “modules and relays”. Buy an old fashioned dash-mounted high-amperage headlight switch, “Universal headlight switch”, track down the wires that feed the lights and wire it up like a 1975 dodge truck was wired… $100 should do it.

Do the turn signals work OK? If so, don’t mess with them. Just do the running lights. Low Beam, High Beam, tail-lights. Find a REAL mechanic…