Infiniti Q50 engine diesel noise

I own a Inifiniti Q50 2015 with around 45k miles on it. For the last couple of months I’ve been trying to figure out how to diagnose a noise it’s making. So it sounds kinda like a diesel when sitting inside the car, the cabin side sounds louder. I only use premium unleaded fuel for it, and have the oil changed regularly. When i check under the hood, its hard to detect where the noise is coming from. I have heard from a few that it could be the fuel damper. I just want to know whats the exact part i need, whether its the fuel regulator only or the fuel feeder hose as well? Here’s a link to the part i was looking at? Is something could point me to the right direction, i’d really appreciate it, thanks.

https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts/infiniti-damper-asmy-fue~22675-jk20b.html?Make=Infiniti&Model=Q50&Year=2015&Submodel=&Filter=(2=VQ37VHR)

Why are you trying to fix this yourself? Leave it to the dealer because your car is under warranty.

Basic warranty: 4 years/ 60,000 miles
Powertrain: 6 years/ 70,000 miles

1 Like

The odds of this being caused by a fuel damper are zero IMHO. Clattering like a diesel often points to something in the top end; as in valve lifters, etc.

You say you change the oil regularly. What are the intervals in both time and miles?

My vote for heat shield rattling.

Bingo, Corolla Guy gets the Solved Check mark. Warranty, use it.

1 Like

Try using a short length of garden hose as a stethoscope to isolate where the noise is coming from exactly. Clattering noises could be coming from a drive belt accessory with a damaged bearing for example.

If, and I say IF, this is a valve train clatter caused by insufficient oil changes then warranty will not apply no matter the age or miles. Hopefully this is not the case.

I figured it out. It was the fuel regulator with the damper hose.

N/S Cheap gas is plaguing the nation now.

If you need to tap on it you might need to think about procuring…

Some mechanics can’t figure a vacuum reservoir from the cruise control.

That is a nice car