I'm an

I never had any problem with my gas heater or the floor heaters. But I was aware of the junction box issue and always used the VW dealer for service, so they were checked on a regular basis, as was the dealer’s daughter.

LOL, good one!
I bought mine private sale, so there was no “dealer’s daughter”. But I did date the seller’s wife (then divorced) some years later! True story.

Back in the 70s I owned an old 40 Horse 1960 Bug when my wife and I were dating. We were going to see a concert in Tulsa one night (J. Geils Band and Styx) and the day of the concert the temps dropped into the 20s.
The old Bug had leaky junction boxes and about 20 miles in on a 125 miles one way trip the eyes were watering and breathing was held to a minimum.

That led to lowering both windows about 3 inches and both of us leaning against the glass so as to get some fresh air. Of course, going to Tulsa means hill country and a slow trip due to scaling grades at 30 or 40 MPH and a 60 MPH cruise on the flats.

Came out of the concert hall to face heavy sleet and my VW not where I left it. The wind combined with the ice caused the old girl to start sliding by itself and it was about a 1/3 of a block away. Luckily it was against a curb by the alley and the Tulsa PD had not hauled it off.
An even more miserable trip home.

Guess we shoulda taken her '68 Le Mans…

My 2002 Sienna LE has heated mirrors. I didn’t know that, since it has seldom been in the snow zone. When a mirror started flopping, I ordered a non-heated mirror and when we got the door off realized it has heated mirrors and had to re-order.

Heated mirrors should usually have the little squiggles on them simulating heat waves although I still haven’t looked at my own.

I worked a lot of years for a Canadian trucking company and all our tractors had clearance lights mounted in the back of the mirrors. Did a wonderful job of keeping enough of the mirror clear to see from.