I'm an

B

What are you asking us for? Why aren’t you asking the dealer?

@Jman136

The original title of your post was “I’m an idiot”

Why did you change it?

What is your question, for that matter?

The original question was whether or not the new 2015 car the OP purchased had certain features. My response probably caused embarrassment. For that I apologize.

As far as heated mirrors go though, I don’t even know if I have them and very rarely would ever need them. Certainly wouldn’t be on my must have list. If the mirror ices up, you just lower the window and clear it off.

This has been a relatively common subject on this website . . . people buying cars, without first verifying if the car does in fact have the features they think it does

As far as heated mirrors go though, I don't even know if I have them and very rarely would ever need them. Certainly wouldn't be on my must have list. If the mirror ices up, you just lower the window and clear it off.

Heated mirrors are a very nice feature. I had them in my 98 Pathfinder…but NOT on my 05 4runner…now have them again with my 14 Highlander. Cleaning off the passenger side mirror while traveling down I-93 in the middle of a snow storm is NOT a valid or safe option.

Mountainbike there is no need to apologize , the new cars come with manuals and the window sticker to let you know what options the vehicle has. With out seeing the vehicle how would someone expect a correct answer over the web?

^
Exactly!
How could other people–from afar and without access to the OP’s window sticker, Owner’s Manual, and even the car itself–possibly know more about the car’s equipment than the owner does?

This would be tantamount to me phoning my friend in California to ask him whether I have enough gas in my tank.

@Bing don’t I remember you saying you have an Acura? You probably have them then. The switch would probably be above your left knee.

They’re not so much for clearing ice, but fog. When I lived in an apartment that had an underground heated garage, whenever I’d drive in in the winter the mirrors would instantly fog over. This was a problem since I backed into my space. If I turned the mirror heaters on about 30 seconds before I pulled in, they wouldn’t fog.

The important thing is to remember to turn them off again - I see a lot of people driving around with big burn spots on their side mirrors from leaving the heaters on all the time.

True, Volvo, but it was not my intent to embarrass anyone. I would never do that intentionally.

Since my 2010 Kia Forte was purchased in early May I did not discover the heated mirrors until the following November. There was heavy condensation so I pushed the rear defrost button. About 2 minutes later I noticed the mirrors were clearing along with the rear window. I love them.

Why are you people responding to a post with nothing in it?

Sure, I can guess at the intent, but so what? How does that help anyone?

Why are you people responding to a post with nothing in it?

I think you’re supposed to complete the statement. Use your best judgment.
"I’m an ______________________."
CSA

The post originally had content, but the OP apparently had second thoughts. My first post was in response to the original content.

Heated mirrors are very nice ,particularly on the big West Coast mirrors when you are driving a big truck .

'Spose you folks like heated seats and heated steering wheels too? And some snow blowers have got heated handles. I like to rough it like the pioneers sometimes though so I leave the heated seats off.

'Spose you folks like heated seats and heated steering wheels too?

Nope…Wife likes them though. I have no use for them.

Heated mirrors is a safety issue. Being able to see through the passenger side mirror during a snow storm is a good thing. It doesn’t happen often…but when it does those heated mirrors have really been handy,

Yup. And indoor plumbing too! :smiley:

Actually, I’m just ribbing you. I’ve never had either heated seats or a heated steering wheel. Or heated mirrors. But I certainly have nothing against them. I’m confident my Bentley will have them. My '61 Beetle didn’t have ANY functional heat.

Now no indoor plumbing would be a deal breaker. It gets cold here.

I don’t know how I ever got along without these modern safety features that I’m sure were provided for my safety and not just to dazzle me in the show room. But then I remember stopping the car in a parking lot and clearing off the rear window and the ice from the other windows before the they came up with rear window de-icers too, and even remember carrying paper towels and Windex to clean the windshield before windshield squirters. Some how we made the best of it and survived. But we were tough and not easily killed.