I think that this whole concept has gone way too far

:wink:

11 Likes

If I needed brake pads I doubt if I would even consider this place . I want serious mechanics .

Cinderella goes there.

3 Likes

Having fun with advertising does not equal low quality or non-serious mechanics. It’s a shame you can’t see joy or fun in things around you.

15 Likes

It’s pretty ironic that this website was started by a couple shop owners who had a sense of humor and a radio show. Yet some who use this site can’t even enjoy a simple joke.

The legacy of Car Talk is that it was so funny it didn’t have to offer good advice. :wink:

15 Likes

I wonder what the markup is on those?

5 Likes

It depends - with or without whipped cream?

6 Likes

Will the whipped cream cut down on squeaking??

1 Like

I love it! Great sense of humor and the “smarts” to get the free advertising!

Reminds me of Tom & Ray’s Phillipo Berio Extra Virgin motor oil and the Spring and Fall tire air change.:upside_down_face:

So what’s next? Fiji water radiator coolant? Koombacha windshield fluid? Or CBD shock absorber treatment?

5 Likes

Yeah the guy that advertised a back to school break special was not trying to be funny but I’d never go there unless I could watch everything he’s doing and read the repair manual to him. Just sayin’ is all you need to present some degree of competence to the public.

Nor was the tire shop that advertised a Big Blow Out Sale.
:dizzy_face:

6 Likes

If you want serious mechanics, why did you ever listen to Car Talk?

6 Likes

I agree. Mechanics should not have a sense of humor. That’s just unprofessional.

:wink:

There’s a mechanic near a coffee shop we go to on the weekends. Always has a new weird saying on his sign every week. A few weeks ago it was “Ice cream, you scream, the cops come, it’s awkward.” We always make sure to drive by on the way to coffee even though it’s a block out of the way.

7 Likes

I remember non-stop brake repair.

6 Likes

Reminds me of a cemetery I saw in Kentucky. “Little Hope” cemetery.

5 Likes

Similar to the pumpkin spice oil change signboard that I spotted near Tacoma a few years ago.

1 Like

Advertising fuel as LOW CHOLESTEROL might increase sales.

1 Like

“Non-GMO.”

1 Like

3 Likes

And gluten free.

3 Likes