I think that this whole concept has gone way too far

“I don’t know what gluten is. But apparently, it’s delicious. And you need to put it back in there!” ~ John Pinette

Self edited: Off topic. My humble apologies to those offended.

Yes, but my investment in No-Cal Water didn’t turn out well.
:smirk:

I bake bread. I want extra gluten. I used to be able to buy it in bulk at the food coöp cheap, but they can’t get it anymore. You’d think that the price would have dropped from the decrease in demand.

You reminded me of pre-delivery inspections at the Benz dealer

there was always some guy joking that we needed to get rid of the German air in the tires and replace it with American air :smiley:

Coincidentally, I know a guy who works for Fiji water. He’s always wearing a jacket with their logo prominently displayed, even when he’s off-duty. Not because he’s so loyal to his employer, but because they gave it to him. he figures “If it’s free, it’s for me” . . . it looks to be decent quality, as a matter of fact. But I don’t buy Fiji water, so me seeing the logo several times didn’t cause me to go run out and buy a case of the stuf

For some reason, gluten has become the latest dietary bogeyman. Gluten it a protein naturally found in wheat flour, it’s what makes the dough sticky and the finished bread chewy instead of crumbly like corn bread, which has no gluten.
I’m just waiting for them to market all natural, non-gmo, gluten free rat poison.

You might be taking it right now: Warfarin.

1 Like

Second-to-latest. The latest is the unscientific, stupid anti-GMO campaign that’s funded in large part by the granddaddy of all dumb food fads, the organics industry. :wink:

Warfarin is an anticoagulant, named after the Wisconsin Agricultural Research Foundation. Rats and mice get cut all the time, pushing themselves through small holes, but their blood clots quickly because they have a lot of coagulants. Warfarin counteracts coagulants so they bleed out. I remember the first time I found a warfarin-killed rat: it was in a pool of uncoagulated blood.

Humans take it to prevent internal blood clots, which cause stroke.

You know nothing about the organics food industry if you think they have the money to fund a campaign. You confuse it with the bogus ‘natural’ (which means nothing).

2 Likes

The latest? I think the anti-GMO movement is a more current controversy, and if there isn’t a war on sugar, there ought to be.

…but what on Earth does any of this have to do with cars?

4 Likes

Yes, agree - let’s get back to the car stuff. Thanks.

I hate PUMPKIN SPICE anything!!!

I know that. I took it for a couple of years until it caused more problems than it solved.

Gluten Free or NOT…communion bread tastes like cardboard.

Communion wafers burn my tongue for some reason, and whenever I eat one, I can hear what sounds like a car engine backfiring in the distance.

Reminds me of a cemetery I saw in Kentucky. “Little Hope” cemetery.

That reminds me of when Baltimore County Maryland had to change a road sign from saying “Dead End” to “No Outlet” because the building at the end of the road was an old age home.

2 Likes

Yeah, I told my wife that if I happened to die while we were on that vacation to bury me somewhere other than “Little Hope”.

You just had the wrong cooks making it. When I was in grade school, our pastor was best buds with the rabbi at the synagogue a couple of blocks from our church. They shared lunch often, and the rabbi like our pastor so much that he made matzoh for our communion a couple of days before our service. It tasted pretty good for unsalted bread with no yeast.

How about this place . . . ?

3 Likes

That’s more my speed lol