I shouldn't have stopped

And exactly what kind of tickets were they writing . . . ?!

speeding

“broken” taillamp

“improper” paperwork

So if you were in that dedicated turning lane, the cops “knew” you must be guilty of something . . . ?!

racism goes across ALL ethic groups. There are no exceptions in my mind.

1 Like

kurt is right

Some of the worst racists aren’t white, and don’t even live in the USA

I’m not going to bother naming examples, because there are too many

1 Like

If course there are people in other races that are racists. But before we start calling other groups racists we need to clean examine our own first.

MIke, I find it interesting that in your sentence you said “…ur own…” vice “…our own…”. Are you perfect?

That was a typo. Should be OUR own.

I’m white and don’t deny racism exists. My problem is it being assumed I am racist when I am not.

I make no assumptions of anyone. But people who make blanket statements about other groups of people need to check themselves first.

Racism is applying a preconceived expectation to a person, I have black friends, Muslim friends, white friends, native American friends, white black Muslim Indians I don’t don’t like. Every person needs to be taken at their own merit

OK once more then I’m done with this subject. I agree everyone should be treated as an individual without preconceived notions about them. However, that is really an impossible feat in some occupations especially. We would go nuts if we could not use our minds to clump and bunch and categorize our world to draw conclusions for the whole. That’s what’s wrong with the whole racist scenario is that what is being asked is impossible because humans must draw conclusions based on incomplete information.

We have an experience and several separate experiences, and we draw conclusions from those experiences that lead us to generalizing. Of course it is not always fair or accurate, but that’s how people learn to deal with their environment. We make these conclusions here about car sales people, mechanics, service writers, politicians, and on and on all the time. So asking someone after these experiences to treat every car sales person as a unique and valued human being is really asking the impossible from a psychological stand point. People must clump and bunch in order to deal with their daily challenges, and police certainly have more challenges than most.

1 Like

Valpo any any chance?

There’s a HUGE difference between suspecting some might commit a crime and acting it and treating them different based on their race.

It’s the PC way of saying everyone else is clumsy, weak and slow. I am sure you would consider that racist. Racism casts things in terms of race without regard for other aspects of the person. Racists think in terms of race first, and often without regard for any other traits.

Exactly the way I was raised. Evaluate people individually, not collectively.

Hypothetical question: Probably 99% of people in the Western Hemisphere south of the US-Mexican border live behind iron bars or walls for personal protection. When the US reaches majority Latino population, would it be smart to invest in the US iron bar industry?

;-]

I would not advise against it. The way our political “leadership” is going I would suggest investing in manufacturers of carts and guillotines.

You know cq is going to ask for this to go back to cars, so racism, flew to indie with a flying tiger, buds dad, had to pee so bad half way through the flight, but indy, you could still go in the middle of the track, lots of campers and cool people. The indie cars were great, racism sorry racing at it’s finest.

1 Like

I think it would be more wise to invest in Sig Sauer or Springfield Armory.

Would you mind citing the source of this statistic?

It would be my pleasure.

I have spent literally hours on Google Maps street view “touring” Latin American cities and towns. At first for enjoyment because I knew I would never get to drive around these places in person. It quickly became clear that there are iron bars and walls everywhere. Ironically, even the poorer neighborhoods have almost universally iron-barred windows and doors. It makes me sad.

I would be delighted for you to name a place there without them.