Hyundai warranty a joke

Key words: Made in U.S.A
Missing words: Headquartered in U.S.A.

Bottom line is the giant sucking sound of U.S. money going to Asia and the giant sound of them laughing all the way to the bank.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I think you overestimate the impact of a single consumer on the market, and consequently overestimate your own importance.

1 Like

Why would the money go to the headquarters, and not to the stockholders?

Speaking of the Lincoln Versailles, I read somewhere that at the time it was supposed to be “real” competition for import luxury cars

Sounds like it may not have succeeded in its assigned task . . . ?! :thinking:

Here we go again . . . :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Typical left out the ending …

and so many others to vote…

"Finding Your Bottom Line

The U.S. holdings and employment of the three domestic carmakers easily outstrip those of overseas car companies."

Sorry guys, I’m still not ready for an Asian badged car from an Asian based company. :us:
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I’m all for buying things made in America. I do whenever practical. But American manufacturing has a counter-obligation there. To be blunt, don’t make crap. GM thought it could turn out turds on wheels for decades and then hope people were guilted into buying them with the “made in America” crap. Ford can’t get the drivetrain in the Escape right to save its life, so it shouldn’t expect to sell them just because they’re “made here.”

6 Likes

IMO, creating jobs is more important. In the 1970s, the Japanese started buying large buildings in big US cities. There was a fear that Japanese, or any foreign investors, would ruin the real estate market by paying outrageous amounts for commercial real estate. We are still waiting for the market to collapse from letting those foreigners into our markets.

2 Likes

If you’re going down this ugly road . . .

Then you’d better ONLY buy US-brand cars that are actually made in USA, not US-brand cars made in Korea, Mexico, Canada and so forth

Some of the popular US-brand vehicles were made in those countries I just mentioned

1 Like

My old Mercury Sable was assembled in Chicago but made iin Mexico. My son’s Camaro was built in Canada. Back in the 80s when VW announced an “American builtl VW Rabbit” what they did not mention was that it was only assembled in PA but was all manufactured in Mexico.

I don’t think there is such a thing as a totally manufactued and assembled U.S. branded car anymore.

1 Like

Of my registered vehicles I have two Dodges and one Plymouth that were manufactured in the States, my Dodge Ram was assembled in Mexico.

None of these vehicles came with a warranty, I don’t rely on warranties, I buy based on my repair experiences with vehicles.

Forgive me, but I care more about the workers than I care about the executives. While Ford and GM are sending their manufacturing to Canada and Mexico, Honda makes its cars in the USA. Here are a few stark facts about these three companies:

-GM’s CEO makes 295 times what the average GM worker makes, a salary of $21,870,000 per year.

-Ford’s CEO makes 276 times what the median Ford worker makes, a salary of $17,750,000 per year

-Honda’s CEO took a $47,000 pay cut from his $944,000 salary to take responsibility for a safety recall. Honda isn’t the only company to recall exploding airbags, but it is the only one holding its CEO accountable for it.

I find it very strange that you seem to care more about American automotive executives than you seem to care about supporting American workers.

5 Likes

… as do Subaru, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Hyundai, and Mercedes for several/many of their models.

2 Likes

I once knew a guy who insisted not only on buying American, but only buying cars made with union-produced steel. He drove an Aspire because that’s the only car he could find that met his criteria. And I don’t even know if it did - I wouldn’t know how to go about tracing where 100% of the steel in my car comes from (unless it’s Hyundai, since they have their own steel plant).

I sometimes wonder what he did when Ford killed the Aspire.

Caveat Emptor does come to mind here now doesn’t it.

There are still those out there in the populace that will try to tell me that there is no difference between a genuine Swiss Army Knife and some off maroon colored multi function knife sold at xyz store for 1/4 of the price.

Oh I beg to differ Batman… I beg to differ…and my beautiful 30 yr old companion and friend made of chromed Solingen Steel, will back me right up.

1 Like

Amen to that…I’ve got one that’s probably 20-25 years old now, still in great shape. The knockoff gift knives I’ve received over the years or picked up along the way?? Not so much…

1 Like

No, it definitely didn’t meet his criteria!
The dreadful Ford Aspire was a rebadged Kia Avella, manufactured in South Korea.

2 Likes

Well, he was kind of a jerk, so knowing that he tortured himself with that rolling turdbucket for absolutely no reason whatsoever is actually kind of funny. :wink:

3 Likes

Many Hyundai models have had that hesitating to change gears, rough changes, jerky changes issue. My 2012 Genesis did, but as I was the original owner they put another transmission in it. The sunroof, which I used easily less than 10 times, became a grinding mess, but under the additional warranty I purchased at the beginning they had to fix that, at a $2500+ cost. I love the car but for my next one I will cast my net widely.

Not very well informed. But we know that already.

4 Likes