Hyundai warranty a joke

I might’ve been a bit emotional but I just feel that a manufacturer warranty is a contract & should be honored by both manufacturer & dealership which sold it. I know my facts show that I’ve had engine issues since week 1. After research online I’ve found others with similar issues. Just trying to find a solution when I’ve been keeping up my end of maintenance.

Laying it on a bit thick, are we . . . :laughing:

But if you truly feel that way, how about putting your money where your mouth is . . . by buying a Chevette or Pinto :thinking:

1 Like

…or, one of GM’s “X” cars, or a Caddy with the V-8-6-4-2-0 engine, or an Olds diesel…
:smirk:

3 Likes

Is that a complete list American automobiles? Is there nothing available manufactured in the last 40 years?

3 Likes

Since @common_sense_answer is taking such an extreme position, it’s only fitting that the response be equally exteme . . .

3 Likes

I dunno what you guys are talking about. Absolute pinnacle of automotive excellence right here:

6 Likes

I had a customer with a Cimarron, nice car. Some feel that luxury car dealers shouldn’t sell compact cars but how would those people deal with the CAFE problem?

I believe the 2015 Hyundai has a better warranty but poorer service.

2 Likes

Every car maker has turned out their share of garden slugs.Pick a decade and there’s always a few.

6 Likes

What is the model year and how much mileage is on this Hyundai Tucson?

If you’re asking Hyundai to honor its 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, I agree completely.

If you’re outside of that 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, or you’ve done anything to void that warranty, I’m afraid you’re out of luck, and you won’t find much sympathy here. Knowing whether your car is still covered by Hyundai’s factory warranty makes a difference here, and you’ve left out some very crucial details.

1 Like

People didn’t object to the Cimarron being compact. People objected to the Cimarron being a Chevy Cavalier with nothing to distinguish it from the Chevy. You could option a Cavalier to pretty much be a Cimarron.

Other car companies managed to do it right. Acura turned the Civic into the Integra, but when it did so it included things you couldn’t get in the Civic, like a bigger engine and a completely redesigned interior, with unique front and rear on the exterior. Lexus turned the Prius into the 200h, and it put options on that car that you can’t get on the Prius, including tweaked performance.

Not to mention that the BMW 3-series used to be about the size of a Cavalier, but the driving experience was markedly different.

On the other hand, GM pried the Chevy badges off, and stuck Caddy badges on, and pretty much stopped there. Then they wondered why the stupid thing didn’t sell well.

Well, the sticker price definitely distinguished it from the Chevy, due to a price that was almost double that of the mechanically-identical Cavalier!

2 Likes

One of the guys at work had a Cimarron for awhile

Near as I can tell, the only thing different, versus the Cavalier, were the headlights and taillights

2 Likes

Many years ago, I knew a woman who bought a Cimarron. After taking ribbing for a couple of years from co-workers who pointed out that she had paid almost double for Chevy Cavalier with different badges and trim, she decided to trade it in.

She then bought a Lincoln Versailles, which was essentially an extremely pricey, re-badged Ford Granada. No matter what they do, some people just wind-up shooting themselves in the foot.
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That reminds me of a story. My mother’s cousin, the wife of the great man my username comes from, was a very sweet, but often argumentative woman. She’d argue about anything, including the “correct” pronunciation of just about any word, which I thought was funny because words that aren’t proper nouns usually have several correct pronunciations, but I digress.

As members of the Greatest Generation, the people I lovingly called Aunt Elnora and Uncle Whitey struggled through life as members of the labor class, but the pension they had earned from Uncle Whitey’s work in a Caterpillar plant afforded them a very comfortable lifestyle in retirement. As a result, they treated themselves to only the nicest luxury cars, sometimes a Mercedes, sometimes a GM product, but most of them were Lincolns. I noticed each of those Lincolns had a Ford Motor Company badge on the door jams. My grandmother’s Mercury also had that badge on her door jams.

One day, one of my grandmother’s friends looked at the Lincoln parked in my grandmother’s driveway and made the mistake of saying, “Nice Ford.” Aunt Elnora retorted, “It’s a Lincoln, not a Ford.”

Fortunately, my grandmother’s friend had enough class that she realized there was no reason to argue the point, so that is where it ended, but I, ever being the smart###, pointed out that badge to Elnora when she got in the car to leave. It’s a good thing she loved me as much as she did, because if anyone else had done that, she wouldn’t have spoken to them again for months.

3 Likes

The way I understand the warranty is that 10yr 100k miles only applies to the person who bought the car new. Non transferrable warranty in other words

1 Like

The second/third owner gets coverage for a total of 5 years/60k miles.

I’ve been researching the Hyundai. The warranty is transferable, but I don’t know for sure if a transferred warranty is the same as the original.

I have heard Hyundai is not always great at dealership level and also corporate warranty level.

This appears to be a case at the dealer level x 2 which is odd because the common denominator here is the car and yourself. What are you leaving out if anything?

ALL cars brands from USA, Asia and Europe have certain duds but how they warranty that matters.

Tow the car to the dealer they recommend. I am surprised they don’t force the dealer to fix it.

I did the research for you:

:+1:

3 Likes

I am proud to buy all Honda and Subaru products made in the USA over 25 years new. Both these companies and clearly Toyota forced the US auto makers to step up their game and not produce the swill up thru the early 2000’s. US automakers are very competitive because of my decision and so many others to vote with my dollars on an Asian based car maker. Competition is wonderful.

2 Likes