How to change Celsius setting to Fahrenheit in 2005 Ford F350 Lariat

I just purchased a used truck that was originally from Canada. The settings on the temperature control are all in Celsius. Any help out there on how (or if if can convert) to Fahrenheit would be much appreciated.

The manual recommends pressing the Auto and Floor/Defrost buttons simultaneously and holding for one second. They appear to be the lower left and lower right climate control buttons.

^
A woman of many talents!

;-))

Does anybody remember that sketch on Saturday Night Live back in the 70’s where Dan Ackroyd played President (and Engineer) Jimmy Carter doing a radio call-in show? The first few calls were about normal stuff, like the freeways needed potholes fixed, etc … then …

Caller: The de-blitz adjustment on my GE model XDKJFD343341 is 4 degrees off spec. What should I do?

Carter: I was reviewing that technical manual last night. GE’s Model XDKJFD343341 requires a special adjustment procedure. Simply turn the torque screw located at point 3-41 two turns inward. Then measure the de-fluke located at 43-23 to insure the accuracy of the setting.

So if a moderator can answer questions…might there be a chance that a person who answers questions could moderate sometime? On second thought…scratch that idea. I think power like that may have led to the downfall of ancient Rome. Never mind.

You might keep the temperature control set at -40. -40 F = -40 C, so it won’t matter what scale you use. If -40 is too cold for you, then do the following;
Take the celcius temperature and add 40 to it. Divide the result by 5 and then multiply that quotient by 9. Subtract 40 from this value and you will know the corresponding Fahrenheit temperature. If you want to convert back from Fahrenheit to Celcius, take the Fahrenheit temperature, add 40. Multiply this sum by 5 and divide by 9. Subtract 40 from this quotient and you have the Celcius temperature.

In other words: F =[ (C + 40) x 9/5] - 40 and C =[ (F + 40) x 5/9] - 40

This works, because - 40 F = - 40 C. the difference between the freezing point of water and the boiling point in Fahrenheit is 212-32 = 180 and the difference between the freezing point of water and the boiling point of water in celcius is 100 - 0 = 100. 180/100 = 9/5. When you are going from celcius to Fahrenheit, you are expanding the scale, so you multiply by 9/5. When you are going from Fahrenheit to Celcius, you are shrinking the scale, so you multiply by 5.9. Since the two scales are equal at -40, you begin by adding 40 and then you end by subtracting 40.

how about wind speed ? ( not on my Expedition’s info screen either. ) :frowning:
50 mph around here today…again.
jk :wink: soon to add an anemometer to my home system though