parkingbrakes
buick

For some reason my late '90s Park Avenue

has changed from reporting thermometer

readings in farenheit to reporting them

in centigrade. How can I switch the

displays back to farenheit?

Read the owner’s manual.
If you can’t find it there, call the dealer service department and ask them.

Just find and push the button again and it will change.

If this vehicle has a ‘drivers information center’ you will likely find your answer there.

Why not just leave it there for a while. Take it as an opportunity to get to know centigrade / Celsius measurements.
100= water boiling, 30-60 typical laundry temperature, 37= human normal body temp, 30= typical US city in the summer, 20= comfy room temperature, 0= water freezing, -20= stay home unless you’re a Minnesotan.

In case you can’t find the button, here is a quick conversion:

Farenheit = 9/5(Centigrade + 40) - 40

To convert the other way, the quick formula is:

Centigrade = 5/9(Farenheit + 40) - 40

The distance from freezing to boiling on the Centigrade scale is 100 - 0 = 100
The distance from freezing to boiling on the Farenheit scale is 212 - 32 = 180

The ratio of the Farenheit scale to the Centigrade scale is 180/100 = 9/5

The ratio of the Centigrade scale to the Farenheit scale is 100/180 = 5/9

-40 C = - 40 F.

This is why the formulae work.

You now have 3 choices:

1. Find the button

2. Practice mentally converting from Centigrade to Farenheit and you’ll be so proficient in a week or so that you won’t need to look for the button

3. Move to the South Pole in a region where the temperature is always -40 on either scale (Of course, this will give you other things to worry about–I’ve heard Penquins may eat electrical wiring)

If you can’t find your owner’s manual or can’t find the information you need in it, try this link. http://www.ebookspdf.com/search/SERVICE+MANUAL+BUICK+park+avenue+19K+park+avenue+1

If you can actually download manuals there – and it sounds like you can – you should probably be able to search for centigrade or temperature and find the instructions you want.

Does your owner’s manual really not cover this?