Honda with doors that swivel up instead of swinging out?

It’s not San Francisco unless they somehow filled in the Bay. It is probably San Jose, given the Redwood City license plate frame. The photo would probably have been taken up on Skyine, looking east across San Jose.
For anyone coming to the Bay Area who wants a great scenic drive, I highly recomend Skyline, which runs from the mountains south of San Jose along the top of the hills up towards San Mateo, where you have to come down on Hwy 92. It’s utterly gorgeous up there with great views of the bay and more limited views of the ocean, and is a great driver’s road without much traffic (except for motorcycles).

A favorite drive on a day when it is sunny at the coast is to take Hwy 1 down the coast to just short of Santa Cruz, cut north through the mountains via Big Basin State Park (some of the best redwood groves around), then take Skyline and I280 back to the city. I’ve done that trip dozens of times and never tire of it. You get cliffs, farms, beaches, redwoods, panoramic city views, even wineries in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The only thing missing is a bridge. On a busy Sunday I’m perfectly happy not having to sit in traffic trying to get home across the Bay Bridge.

Cool! As you knew instantly, I had no real idea at all. Thanks.

If the photo was already on facebook before you showed it to us, it’s already out there, regardless of her wanting the picture to be seen or not.

Some people believe that. There is a thing called security through obscurity. With hundreds of millions of people on Facebook world wide, the chances of widespread attention being placed on one FRIENDS ONLY photo are miniscule.

When I put it on Car Talk it is no longer Friends Only.

There is also obscurity with the license plate blanked, of a photo from California with a Mexican woman on it.

In the .000001 % possibility someone who knows her sees it on Car Talk it is probably no big deal. It would be more likely to identify ME than her.

I wonder if you are on Facebook? Just curious.

When my ship comes in, I’ll probably be at the airport.

Yes, I am on FB, which is why I said what I did.

I realize if someone puts something scandalous, or if they are important in some way, it only takes one person to see the bad stuff and it is out there forever. But, there are many people who are friends of friends on FB and I cannot see anything on their page except the picture they have selected for public viewing.

I am the go-to person in my village. When someone who lives in the USA from this village wants to be on Facebook, they tell them to get on my page, because almost everyone here is on my page. Sometimes I have no idea who is asking to be my friend, and when I look at their page there are no clues. The minute I accept them I can see everything.

However, if they wish they can set a photo to Public and everyone can see them.

Also, when one puts anything on Facebook, the overall rule is ASSUME that someone will make it public for you. That doesn’t mean it will always happen but it MIGHT happen.

Like the high school girls who put really bad stuff, then they are socially ruined when a bum spreads it all over school.

In the case of the photo of my niece, there is nothing special about it, and only very close family would even have an idea it is her. Trust me on this. With the shades, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of women from Vera Cruz who look just like her, except for the car, and there are apparently a lot of suicide doors in Hispanic California. I thought a while before posting that photo, and concluded it is an innocuous car photo of no interest to anyone without the suicide door question. If I didn’t think so I"d have done to her image what I did to the license plate.

If my niece had a bikini in that photo, it would be a totally different situation. Heh, heh.

But, thanks for the reminder for those with less experience on the Web than we have.

That’s why I post very little on FB, even though I’m on it everyday.
Most of the stuff I post is on Ohio second amendment supporters, a community page I manage, and then it’s usually stuff I share from other pages I visit. Very little is posted to my actual profile page.

A lot of grandparents have FB only because it’s about the only way to keep up on what is happening to the grandkids, since no one writes real letters any more. Post it one time, and those who want it must find it.

I am on FB because it is how the young people in my village communicate. Kids that don’t even have a phone in their house can have a phone that connects with FB. Even though I am 73, most of my time is spent with younger people. I don’t mean to be ageist, but most older people do not have interests that I share. If they do have a computer they probably use WINDOWs, hee, hee.

AND, because it lets us know what the grandkids are up to.

I just today got a FB message from a young woman who is studying law in a big university. She comes home on weekends and begged for English classes. I told her to see me Saturday between classes.

When someone can’t come to class, they send me a FB message ahead of time.

Car Talk, well, I have been on Cartalk for nearly 18 years, because one can learn all the time about cars. I was scared of OBDII when I first got my 2002 Sienna, until I actually studied it, then realized it was the slickest thing since melted butter.

In fact, it’s very similar to the SELF-TEST on the military aircraft black boxes i worked on for over 30 years. The biggest difference is SELF_TEST tends to be unique on each black box. But, OBDII is much more standardized. So, any experienced mechanic can give a person a boost. P0420 is pretty much P0420…