Honda unveils the 2018 Accord

Not exactly, but close…real close :wink:

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Put a Mazda6 next to it and it will look like a Prom Queen next to a hairless cat. If that is Honda’s idea of an attractive car then I think that their design department needs a house cleaning!!! And it will probably be just as boring to drive as the last Accord. There is one thing I like and that’s the option for a six speed manual transmission. At least they got something right!

1 Like

Now,now, @TwinTurbo… …

It make’s the aztec almost look good.

1 Like

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! :laughing:

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! :sweat_smile: :smile_cat:

You guys are killing me!
CSA

2 Likes

In my opinion, the Aztec is still far uglier than the 2018 Accord

I suspect the Aztec will remain the reigning champion for some time

3 Likes

I agree with that. I should have said almost make’s the aztec look good.

I’m not a big fan…the 2014-2015 was good looking, best Accord for years, IMO:

Sixth generation was the best (1998 to 2002). Smaller, reliable, zippy, and sporty. It was the last Accord that was actually fun to drive!

Is that an Accord? Here’s what the US 2000 looked like:

You must work for the Department of Redundancy Department. :grinning:

No, no. The seventh genation was best. I own a 2005 Accord, so I am predisposed to my opinion. We can all have a favorite. My son in law bought a 2016 and it looks fine.

I agree. My dad has a 03 V6 262k and an 06 V6 145k. I own a 07 5 speed manual SE 184k. We recently went shopping for a 2013-15 Accord, and he felt they weren’t as luxurious as his 2003. The 13 EXL V6 we drove he couldn’t get over how it drove and felt like an LX trim. He ended up buying an 06 EXL V6.

I owned a 1998 and a 99. I really liked the dashboard of these the best. I think the 7 and 7.5 were great successors as I have 3 in the family that have been flawless, and mostly issue free. 1 that is passed 260k. The closest I can think to this generation is the 2013-17. We recently test drove 10 of them for a replacement for my dad’s 03, and the ones we drove were similar feeling to the 98 and 99 we used to own.

I owned an 08 Accord and I almost yawned myself to death in it. It was so bland and the performance was so weak and uninspiring. That car made me jump from Honda, and my usual Accord, to Mazda. I haven’t looked back. I now drive cars that are a blast to drive and look so good that I constantly get comments at the gas pump and in the parking lots. Until Mazda sells me junk or something bland, I am sticking with them.

People said the same thing about the 2003 Accord because of the wide taillights, and yet it still sold. This 2018 model range will likely be my replacement for my 2007 accord when I surpass 300,000 miles. I couldn’t buy a mazda because I need a car that will last 300k like a honda or toyota. My buddy bought a 12 mazda 3 and it’s been a headache with all of the issues that crop up with his engine mounts, suspension, etc. His Mazda will definitely be a 130-180k dump and donate or wholesale off car. Seems like we have a lot of those Mazdas up here in Minnesota

That’s an 8th generation.

I’m at 95,000 miles on my 2014 Mazda6 and I haven’t had any issues with engine mounts or suspension. The only non-maintenance repair I have made out of warranty is a rear wheel bearing. I’ll let you know how I’m doing when I get to 150,000 (in about a year and a half).