Honda passport exhuast

@Nevada_545
Nice Work! Great Advice! That’s What We’re Here For, Right?

“There is a recall to repair this, if your lucky perhaps they will give you market value for the vehicle rather than repairing it.”

@hounch101
"Buying passport was worse decision ever but i have it now so lets move on."

Whoa Nellie! Back Up The Truck (Or Car…Whatever A Passport Is)!
Nevada_545 has possibly found a great solution. Contact a Honda dealer with your VIN in hand.

CSA

clogged cat? Just remove O2 sensor. That will give u a nice hole for exhaust to escape. Might be noisy tho. Of course computer will miss sensor input. But, what the heck. ya its a joke.

@Cavell
"clogged cat? Just remove O2 sensor. That will give u a nice hole for exhaust to escape. Might be noisy tho. Of course computer will miss sensor input. But, what the heck."

Yow! Your Advice, Not Mine! Are You Serious Or Is It A Joke?
CSA

The underside of that car looks like you live near me:)

Got the trailing arm welded back on. Did not do any thing crazy to the converter but did take it a shop and he is doing some repairs for me.

What did they weld the trailing arm TO? The frame is rusted clear through. Did the shop weld plates to the frame to fix it first??

Hounch, I cannot believe that (a) this fix is safe (there’s nothing to weld to), and (b) there’s not similar rot on the other side of the frame… and elsewhere. Based on the photo, this vehicle is no longer safe on the road. I urge you, I implore you, I beg you, look for a replacement ASAP and sell this to the recycler by the pound. This vehicle doesn’t belong on the road anymore.

+1 to the comments from both Mustangman and Mountainbike.

Unless the mechanic was somehow able to find an area of the frame that wasn’t totally riddled with rust, I find it hard to believe that it was possible to get those trailing arms welded back onto the frame, and as a result I am having a very hard time believing that this was a proper fix.

How big are the plates that he welded onto the frame, and how far are they located from the original mounting area?

A few speed bumps and the wrecker driver will need a good broom and dust pan to load that Passport.

The mechanic welded angle iron and u bolts around the bracket and frame. I have decided to start saving for a new vehicle and just cross my fingers that everything will hold up for a bit longer. At least until i get a decent down payment set aside.

Did you resolve that drivability/performance problem?

got any good pics of fix? i know ubolts are used to hold axle to spring so it is fairly strong. would like t see how it wraps around frame rail

“I have decided to start saving for a new vehicle and just cross my fingers that everything will hold up for a bit longer”

I just hope that you are moral enough to send that vehicle to the junkyard when you are finally finished with it. To sell it to another individual would be incredibly irresponsible and immoral, even if you did disclose its dangerous condition.

I’m very glad to hear that you know this is only a very temporary emergency fix. Hopefully you’ll replace this very soon and scrap it.
Sincere best.

Yep , the structural integrity of this vehicle is dangerously compromised . Drive it slowly & safely if you must drive it .

^

Based on the OP’s other thread…
http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2307120/when-is-it-time-to-throw-in-the-towel/p1
…I don’t think that he is yet convinced about the safety problems inherent in this vehicle.