Honda Odyssey motor mount problem

I am tired of Honda Odyssey. Mine is 2006 EXL. I have 90 K miles and recently I had all the issues such as alternator, starter, Changed the timing belts , Struts, and rear shocks.
I took my van to the dealer and he comes with list of changes, and major one is the motor mounts costing about 2000.

Not sure what to do now. It is like making car payments every month for the all the repairs. and service of Honda is deteriorating day by day.

Please advise how long can i run without fixing motor mounts.

Thanks
Sam

Sam I’ve run over two years and 25k miles w out any problems. I do have a clunky shift out of reverse on a cold weather start so I park rear in and head out in mornings w out needing to reverse, that helps but still clunks when shift to drive unless I let it idle warm for a few minutes.

The way I see it, if you bought any of these HONDA CARS that feature the 3.5L V6 Engine with VCM, you have two options. Both will cost you.

1. Buy genuine HONDA FRONT and REAR vibration-canceling motor mounts. APPROX cost, Front = [500](https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-50830-SFY-023-Mounting-Assembly/dp/B00BFDG2TY/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=2005+honda+odyssey+OEM+motor+mounts&qid=1579232188&replacementKeywords=oem+motor+mounts&sr=8-13&vehicle=2005-59-756------------&vehicleName=2005+Honda+Odyssey#customerReviews). And rear = 600.

2. Turn off the VCM/Eco mode entirely. Visit vcmtuner dott com to buy $80 or $120 product that prevents your engine from turning off 3 cylinders. IF your car doesn’t go into VCM/ECO mode then there is NO vibration initiated. You run on all 6 cylinders all the time and get 1-2 MPG less. Other benefits may involve burning less oil. Install cheaper aftermarket motor mounts on the side if you want and stock front and rear motor mount with a bracket change.

NOTE: if you choose to continue with VCM turned on and choose NOT to buy Honda mounts, just buy the stock mounts for $60 (approx.) and change the bracket on the engine for $40 (approx.) All other aftermarket mounts will give worse performance than the stock mounts. I looked at all of them and found none that include a voice coil. Change the front and the rear at the same time or the old one will quickly destroy the new one. The side/middle bracket is cheap so it should be changed too. ----

Here’s how VCM works.

Buy the genuine Honda item. It makes a huge difference. Here’s why. The Honda active engine mounts contain a voice coil like you will find inside a speaker. By passing an electrical current through this coil, the engine mounts counteract the vibration of the engine. The aftermarket units either have no connector and a solid mount or they have a resistor to fool the ECU into thinking the voice coil and the system are working as they should.