Honda build

@Noah_Appleby OK Noah , there are 41 posts here and two subjects . You have made up your mind apparently and did not seem to want any thoughts that you did not agree with . Also putting your friends name and place of employment might not be the best idea .

Why not request that @cdaquila our esteemed moderator close this thread and then when and if you have other questions you can start another thread .

1 Like

I just should have started another thread in general. I get the car in 3 days I’ll do it then. If any mechanical problems occur I’ll post it on here for questions. I changed my mind on the subject of having a shell rather than just buying a used one. I’ve gone through a few cars around the same price (bought and driven) and this one has seemed the most reliable starting off compared to the others. I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla s pretty much perfect condition with a new transmission and it doesn’t even Kelly blue book over 2k. This car blue books around 1.5k without the modifications. But like you said, start a new thread! I will. I wasn’t trying to cause stuff here I’m just new to the scene, I have a good amount of money on hand I’m willing to blow on this and everyone’s talking as if I was a 16 year old I’m 20 with my own home. And since I’m new to the community on here I can’t post many pictures at once so I can’t give you a full grasp of what the car entails

The ignition switch problem, not something I’d overly worry about. That’s a routine repair. But the low idle rpm? That could be a different story. The power-train computer is what sets the idle rpm; it’s not otherwise adjustable. So if it is idling below spec, that means some part or parts aren’t working correctly. Suggest to focus on resolving this until you’ve otherwise proved it isn’t a serious problem. My guess is the idle air control or electric throttle body is gunked up and sticking. I’d have guessed low idle rpm would throw a diagnostic code.