High beam switch on 1994 Chevy Corsica

I recently purchased a 1994 Chevy Corsica that is in excellent shape for the year with one exception. I can’t get the high beams to come on. When I pull back on the turn signal lever, nothing happens. I know that most of them make a “click” noise when you pull on them, but this one doesn’t. Is the high beam switch a part of the turn signal switch that is in the steering column? I am not sure what else to try. Thanks.

More than likely the problem is in the multi-function switch. That’s the stalk you use to turn the high beams on and off.

Try this. See if the emergency flashers work. If not, the multi-function switch is the problem.

Tester

If the lever moves front and back and locks in one of those positions then it would seem that it is for the high beam function. The switch itself may be bad or there may be a problem with the wiring to it. Testing should be done to see where the problem is at before service is done.

For the high beams, the multifunction switch stalk likely simply pushes a rod in the steering column that activates a switch in the lower column. The switch might be failing, or not being depressed far enough by the rod.

The 1994 Corsica utilizes a dimmer switch. It’s on the lower left side of the steering column. It’s actuated by a rod that’s controlled by the turn signal lever. They run about $15-$20.