HHO add ons.... Wait! Please listen OK?

What you found are a group of car enthusiasts. Nothing more, nothing less. We’ve had far too many ‘does HHO work?’ questions posed by obvious marketers trying to get some free publicity. So the reception for HHO questions is never warm.

I’ll add one final note. As a past regional chairman of the SAE (Society of Automotve Engineers), I have done many educational workshops with schools. The purpose was to tell students about the industry, about automotive developments, and get the students interested in an automotive career.

I’ve had to answer many questions about “gadgets” that promised miracles, and explain why they would not work. The 100mpg carburetor was a famous one. The students readily understood my answers, especially ones to “Why can’t I drive coast to coast with an electric car?”

Thanks guys for answering in different ways why OP shuold not buy hope.

OP, I did take the time to look at the site and read through it more than I should have.

What’s an AOL Chatroom? Was that an insult?

Geez I’ll bet they don’t have engineers, professors, jet pilots, mechanics, I suspect a lawyer or two, businessmen, computer people, and quite a bunch of other highly qualified automotive and mechanical types in one of them thar AOL rooms. Besides Tom and Ray are immortal now but don’t answer any calls anymore.

This is a chat room. Only the subject matter has been hopelessly changed to protect the innocent. Sometimes the innocent don’t like it. Oh well, happiness comes from within.

Thanks! Took a little teeth pulling, but I finally got a definative answer.

The first answer was definitive. You just didn’t accept it.

At least you took the time to look at it.

An unnecessary courtesy. Anything involving “brown’s gas” or “hho” is BS. It doesn’t really matter what the individual HHO website claims, if it says anything about HHO other than “HHO fuel-saving is fake,” then it’s full of crap.

You know this place is too much like a chat room.

What’s that supposed to mean? Vaguely insulting the people who give you automotive answers for free isn’t very nice.

When someone provides a link and then gets a bit sensitive about answers to questions they posed it can often be a spammer; no matter how naive in appearance the questions may be.

The OP says they’ve researched things like this for several years. How long does it take to understand these devices are all scams.

I think that Popular Mechanics is a reliable source.

You know what they found in their tests…

Hint: the word “bupkis” was used at least once.

“What’s an AOL Chatroom? Was that an insult?”

Yes, it was an insult. I am one who thinks this was spam by someone with hopes of selling something.

IF I were not such a kind-hearted softie, I would be tempted to tell OP to go pound sand.

When a person (and I’ll reserve judgement on that for spammers) generates an account and the very first post is a “question” with a link to some fly-by-night company, isn’t it obvious spam? Posting something like this to this type of forum is the WORST advertising you could possibly do. Speaking of AOL chat rooms, that’s about the only place you’d find someone gullible enough to buy one of these.

Question…if a gullible person would buy this scam product…what kind of person would buy the crap after he was repeatedly warned? Another question…what type of person would sell this bogus product?

This is nothing but SPAM…Not a regular asking a legitimate question…but some out of work has-been who can only find a job by posting in legitimate websites these links to their scam products.

“…what type of person would sell this bogus product?”

Someone of low moral fiber. But you know that.

Let’s see. The first couple of words were “…Wait, please listen…”

So the OP already knew going in what our responses were going to be, but posted anyway - and then had the audacity to call us a name?

Pot, meet the kettle.

If this is a “chat room”, it is probably one of the most useful and productive chat rooms on the internet. The 25 or so regular contributors have probably over 300 years of relevant experience to share with the questioners. I’ve made over 8200 comments and suggestions so far, hopefully many of them helpful to questioners.

We get a lot of “thankyous” form our posters too!

“If this is a “chat room”, it is probably one of the most useful and productive chat rooms on the internet.”

I agree. I’m constantly learning stuff from you guys.

it’s a CON, been around for YEARS I remember it from the late 70’s.

The short course you have a 100 units of energy, you might get back 30 units from your engine as work, (rest lost to exhaust, friction, coolant, etc) then convert that to electricity you might get back 27 (that mean’s you can’t move the car) then convert that to HHO and you’re down to no more that 20 units of energy, which would mean to break even the HHO would have to make your engine over 100% efficient. I have a LONG break down of all the numbers if anyone wishes to see them.

Of course the OP is a spammer but it’s kind of fun to screw around with them.

:slight_smile:

A Chat Room ? A Chat Room ? I Don’t Even Know What That Is.
Was I Supposed To Be Offended ?

Anyway, I think the guy would be better off with a Mr. Fusion.

CSA

This is the way I look at it. The auto world is milking the internal combustion motor, grudgingly as long as it can. There are lot’s of very high paid engineers working hard to keep these money makers working as efficiently as possible to delay their inevitable demise. It the gimmicks you refer to were cost effective, the engineers would include them in cars NOW with out adding them on later. Auto companies are real smart about maximizing their profits, and making a car that performs better then someone else with as little effort as possible, is tops on their list. It ain’t being done, so in my naïveté, it doesn’t work.
$350 isn’t much to add on to the price of a car to get the affects they claim. Besides, the lower right hand corner of the ad would probably say something like " subsidiary of Exxon Corp. " if it was worth while, maybe…